PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose my next pen!

bleunuitguy
November 20th, 2014, 05:49 PM
I will be in Manhattan next week and I plan on stopping by Fountain Pen Hospital while I'm there. I want to buy a pen in the $150 range or less while I'm there. I'd like to get something different from my current collection which consists of international system and piston fillers. Thinking of a sac filler.
I own two Lamy 2000s, a broad and fine
A Pelikan M600
Montblanc 75th anniversary 145
Edison Pearl
Edison Collier
A host of Safaris
TWSBI 580
Namiki Falcon
Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night

I was thinking a Conklin Crescent. Your thoughts? I like a wet pen and was hoping for a stub nib.

Looking forward to some fun!

Hawk
November 26th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Contact them for availability and they probably would let you dip the pen to try it. I have been eyeballing the Crescent for awhile but other priorities have risen to the top first.

Jon Szanto
November 26th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Be sure to try it - I've heard more than a couple stories about quality issues with the modern Conklin pens.

GING GING
November 26th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I bought the Conklin Mark Twain Demonstrator, s verbal months ago. The build quality on that particular pen wasn't up to par. I really like the looks of it; but because of the build quality I'd like to see Yafa drop the price. If you get this pen and you like it, then great. If not, Ed Fingerman will take it back.