PDA

View Full Version : Introduction Russian Lacquer Art - Phoenix Lacquer Art

Catherine Van Hove
November 28th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Hello pen enthousiastics,

Not an everyday topic but I would like to introduce the Russian Lacquer Art fountain pens.

Russian Miniature Lacquer Art is, together with the Japanese Maki-e, one of the most beautiful artistic realisations ever made on fountain pens. They are stunning, magnificent, breathtaking …

The Russian Miniature lacquer art is worldwide regarded as one of Russia’s most distinctive artistic achievements. Since 2011 I have been studying the Russian Lacquer Art fountain pens. I travelled to meet the CEO of Phoenix Lacquer Art and Kynsey, I’ve been reading about Iconography, Palekh, Fedoskino, Mstera and Kohlui schools. I searched for all available information. I can say I found the tip of the iceberg but there is a lot more to discover.

I could talk weeks about this, but one thing about Russian Lacquer Art is very clear to me : there are only a few very high talented artists who create the top of Russian Lacquer Art on fountain pens.

Material: resin
Finish (general): oil paint or tempera, gold leaf, silver and/or gold filigree, lacquer
Nib : 18 kt duotone gold
Filling : power filler
Length : 180 mm capped
Diameter : 20 mm.
Weight : 56gr

The Phoenix Lacquer Art (PLA) company has gathered the most of the top artists, about 30 people. The CEO of PLA knows every artist in person. Artists from different schools like Fedoskino, Palekh and Mystera. PLA is able to maintain this top quality of artistic fountain pens. If you just have to look at the collections you will be convinced. I made a selection which you can consult in the Sakura Fountain Pen Gallery.

If you would like to know more you are welcome to read the whole story on ….

I know I have a private store and a webstore but this is more then about pens. This is about passion and the love for the art and an admiration for talented unknown artist.

Share your thoughts ….

If it is ok for you I would like to show you from time to time a marvellous pen. It will never be a complete review because the pens stay mint.

Yours, Catherine

chojo
November 28th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Simply stunning, thanks for sharing.

Crazyorange
November 28th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Im interested. I would love to be exposed to these pens and their artists.

Robert
November 28th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Thank you for the beautiful photo presentation.

Sandy Fry
December 1st, 2014, 08:50 PM
Beautiful pens but I don't have the means to ever afford one!!!

David

Alex2014
December 2nd, 2014, 12:28 AM
Stuning! Simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing