PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for a Visconti 23k Pd DreamTouch nib that got thrown away?

WetNoodlePens
November 29th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Hi guys,

So long story short, my wife accidentally threw my nib unit away.

I've been advertising a WTB ad in FPN for quite a while now, but nobody has a similar nib to sell.

Someone gave me a tip that there's a bunch of hard-core Visconti lovers here in FPG, I was wondering if possibly anyone might have a spare one they're willing to give, sell, or trade? I'm looking for an Extra Fine, Fine, or even Medium. Hell, even a stub is good, anything to get my Visconti Homo Sapien's Bronze Age out of my pen folder.

And yes, I know everyone would be wanting to know how it happened...

Ok so basically I loaded Noodler's Liberty's Elysium into my Homo Sapiens.
When it came to cleaning out time, I wanted to change inks, and I was paranoid because... It was Noodler's Homo Sapiens.

So I unscrewed the nib unit and soaked it in water overnight. The next morning, I took it out, wrapped it in tissue and left it to wick out.
The same evening, my wife cleaned the room... She thought it was just random trash and threw into the bin.

Guess what? I'm the fella who takes the trash OUT to the dumpster every night.

So... I basically threw my own 23k Pd Dreamtouch nib unit away... Myself...

alc3261
November 29th, 2014, 05:14 PM
You can buy one but they are expensive.
http://www.writeherekitenow.co.uk/acatalog/Visconti-Homo-Sapiens-Nib.html

Tracy Lee
November 29th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Ooof, total bummer. I wish I did have an extra nib to send your way. If you are in the U.S. (even if you are not I imagine) consider emailing Bryant Greer over at Chatterley/Pentime, or Brian Anderson of Anderson Pens and see if they might be able to help order one for you at a decent price. Hope you get one soon!

tandaina
November 29th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Yeah try Bryant for sure.

Rusty888
November 29th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Cry.

earthdawn
November 29th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Nightmare !!!

But I will concur the Bryant is the man to contact.

00Photo
December 2nd, 2014, 07:50 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but try contacting Bryant. He is awesome.

broadoblique
January 6th, 2015, 12:23 PM
If you're still looking I have a two tone 18k M nib unit, lightly used. Not palladium, but fits well.