PDA

View Full Version : Esterbrook Writing Samples

gbryal
November 30th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Since there are so many nibs to choose from, I thought I'd sample a few. I don't have terribly elegant writing to start with, so I am certain I am not showing off the flex and and relief to the best of their capability, but I thought this was a start. If you have your own writing samples for these or other Esterbrook nibs, I'd like to see them.

All of the samples are using Waterman's Serenity Blue, and are dipped only (which is probably why the 9788 railroaded so early.)

Jon Szanto
November 30th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Nicely done. No apologies necessary for the penmanship - the non-cursives showed off the nibs just fine. You need a 23- or 9314-F nib, I think you would enjoy that. Also, the 2442 nibs are like that - narrow stub nibs.

gbryal
November 30th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Nicely done. No apologies necessary for the penmanship - the non-cursives showed off the nibs just fine. You need a 23- or 9314-F nib, I think you would enjoy that. Also, the 2442 nibs are like that - narrow stub nibs.

I think that's a good call. I write a little bit small but would like a little bit of variation to my line for interest, and the M is a little crowded for me.

pajaro
December 4th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Nice writing. I can easily read your handwriting.

There are some whose handwriting gives me a headache to look at, but your writing is beautifully formed and has an upbeat and pleasant quality that delights my eyes.

The 9314-F or 2314-F would be a nice choice. I have a few of them. They are nice to write with. I also like the 2312 and 9312 italics, but those are harder to find and usually cost more, upwards of $35. I like the 9048 and I see you got some flex out of it. Very nice. Well done.

mtnbiker62
December 4th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I have a 9048 and a 9128 screwed into Wality 71JT pen bodies, and I really like both of them. The Wality pens hold enough ink that you can really play around with them.

southpaw52
May 10th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Nicely done, thanks for sharing.