PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Las Vegas

TWRDO
April 13th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I'm fairly new to fountain pens (got my first one(s) in January) and am already a total pen geek. The quiz on the blog even said so!

I started out with a couple of inexpensive pens but I've already been sucked into the world of vintage Parkers, Sheaffers, and Esties.

I learned of this forum on the FPN from dannzeman's posts, and here I am!

-Tyler

Kelly G
April 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Welcome Tyler! Remember, you can't have too many pens, too much ink, or too much paper. Well, that may not be exactly true, but it is close. I've a whole bunch of fountain pens that I've accumulated over the last nine years and more ink than I suppose I'll ever use. I've not become too obsessed with paper, although I don't have any problem finding a fp friendly note pad lying around.

It is a slippery slope my friend - so just enjoy the ride!

Okami
April 14th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Welcome from Florida!

SProctor
April 14th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Greetings Tyler!

It is terrific to have you here with us! One of the things that is neat about collecting or using fountain pens is that no matter how long you are part of the crowd, whether it be 4 days or 40 years, there is always something new to learn, see or do... it never seems to get old.

It sounds like you should fit right in with the rest of us "geeks." I look forward to seeing and reading your posts!

Very Best Wishes & Kindest Regards,
Stephen

eriquito
April 14th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Ahoy Tyler!

Welcome to Fountain Pen Geeks! =)

I was in Vegas just last week for my birthday. Next time I'm there, I'll let you know and we can meet at Paradise Pen Company and get into all sorts of trouble!

It's great to have you here!

Eric
Son of Ragnar

TWRDO
April 15th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Ahoy Tyler!

Welcome to Fountain Pen Geeks! =)

I was in Vegas just last week for my birthday. Next time I'm there, I'll let you know and we can meet at Paradise Pen Company and get into all sorts of trouble!

It's great to have you here!

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Be sure to let me know. I don't need a good excuse to go drool over pens I can't afford :rolleyes:

eriquito
April 16th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Be sure to let me know. I don't need a good excuse to go drool over pens I can't afford

I'll be passing through Vegas on my way to and from the Chicago Pen Show at the end of this month and the beginning of May. If I pass through during daylight hours and have time to visit Julie at Paradise Pen, you'll be the first to know =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

dannzeman
April 16th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Tyler, Welcome! I'm glad you say my signature and decided to check it out.

There are a couple of features I would like to point your attention to. Please read them and participate as they help make the forum a better community for everyone.
Rating Threads (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_rating_threads )
Reputation (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation)

And if you have any questions check out the FAQ (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php). If that doesn't answer them feel free to contact one of the Admins.

I'm fairly new to fountain pens (got my first one(s) in January) and am already a total pen geek. The quiz on the blog even said so!

I started out with a couple of inexpensive pens but I've already been sucked into the world of vintage Parkers, Sheaffers, and Esties.

I learned of this forum on the FPN from dannzeman's posts, and here I am!

-Tyler
If the quiz says you're a total geek then it must be true! :cool:

And like kelly said, the world of fountain pens is a slippery slope so just enjoy the ride! I know I have.