PDA

View Full Version : Does the snorkel tube serve an inadvertent dual purpose?

fountainpenkid
December 4th, 2014, 08:41 PM
I love extending the tube almost all the way and using it as a brush tool of sorts...it puts down a really wide line if you hold it at the correct angle. Has anyone else felt compelled to use it this way; that is, like a second nib?

Best!

Neo
December 4th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Isn't that scratchy?

fountainpenkid
December 6th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Not particularly when held at the right angle. Either way, I use it more for drawing or shading areas rather than for writing itself, so the scratchiness is tolerable.

jar
December 6th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Not a good idea. Don't do it.

mrcharlie
December 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Seems like a good way to bend or break the snorkel tube. Find a stylograph.

fountainpenkid
December 6th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I don't think there is a risk of bending the tube, as it is supported by the feed for most of its length (only a very small part of the tube extends past the nib.) Also, the tube had engineered to be rigid enough to support being pressed at the bottom of an ink bottle anyway, so I really don't the light pressure put on it while using it in this way would be enough to do anything . That said, a stylograph would certainly be better if I had one at hand.

kirchh
January 21st, 2015, 09:07 PM
Using a Snorkel in this way is sure to draw attention from admirers and some immediate responses (and maybe attempts at one-upsmanship from those less secure!). You could even make a game of it -- time how long it takes until someone notices what you're doing versus a guess you make, and if you have a bunch of like-minded friends, you can all play and exchange scores over the Internet to track your predictions.

Potential for a board game here...

--Daniel

FredRydr
January 28th, 2015, 12:39 PM
It works as a toothpick in a pinch. Just don't smile afterwards.

Fred

Neo
January 28th, 2015, 01:52 PM
It works as a toothpick in a pinch. Just don't smile afterwards.

Fred

:bounce: