PDA

View Full Version : Any Midori fans?

bjai
December 5th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Just wondering if anyone has started using the new hk tram version travelers journal.

Lady Onogaro
December 5th, 2014, 09:52 AM
I use the passport edition; I did not know about this version. Can you provide any information? Thanks.

bjai
December 5th, 2014, 05:56 PM
It's a passport size midori but a limited edition cross over with Hong Kong tramways

bjai
December 5th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I'm trying to upload a photo but the App won't let me

barnaby.bumble
December 6th, 2014, 02:16 AM
I have the full-size Traveler, but I don't use it much. I like the paper, but I'm not crazy about the binding. The gutter fights me too much, and I don't like the hump in the middle of the page that's created by the knot in the binding strap. I use mine upside-down and backward to avoid the knot, but the gutter is still a problem.

earthdawn
December 6th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Found it .. looks nice but i can't find anywhere that has it for sale...

http://www.travelers-factory.com/product-news/hong-kong-tram/

Empty_of_Clouds
December 6th, 2014, 02:24 PM
That image is from Patrick Ng (he of the Chronodex/Scription thing). He seems to be the chief marketeer for Midori Traveler stuff so it is hardly surprising that he is the only one putting this up at the moment. No doubt it will hit the shops in due time, but it doesn't look that different from the Ferry version and, as I am not a collector but a user (full size Midori), I think I'll pass on the opportunity. Fun things though!

Waski_the_Squirrel
December 6th, 2014, 04:41 PM
I've had a full size Midori for several years. I love it. It serves several purposes:

Bullet Journal (which I use)
Monthly Calendar
Novel writing idea notebook

If I lost the thing, I would truly be lost.

shudaizi
December 6th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Nostalgia -- used to ride both the Star Ferry and the HK trams when I was a lad. I use a full-size traveller for my journaling, but don't have the Star Ferry and won't get the Tram edition either. Still, even seeing pictures brings back good memories.

barnaby.bumble
December 6th, 2014, 06:43 PM
I've had a full size Midori for several years. I love it. It serves several purposes:

Monthly Calendar

Bullet journal?

jjhcunningham
December 6th, 2014, 07:57 PM

Monthly Calendar

Bullet journal?

@Waski_the_Squirrel was referring to the task management process noted here http://www.bulletjournal.com/

barnaby.bumble
December 6th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Ah. Thanks.