PDA

View Full Version : Twsbi mini

bjai
December 5th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I just purchased a twsbi mini demonstrator two weeks ago as I couldnt think of any demonstrator with piston filler at a similar price point.

I had a 1.1 stub nib and it writes quite well, skipped a bit on the first two days of writing with J Herbin rouge hematite.
However I switched the ink to j herbin scented apple green ink today and this is when I realised why some many people sing praises for this pen.
The entire pen can be dissembled making it very easy for cleaning. The wrench comes very handy as well and everything fits within the original case.

I am very impressed, seems like they had put a lot of thought in designing this little gem.

Lady Onogaro
December 5th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I love mine. When I originally bought it, I chose an EF nib, which was great. Recently I have been into stub nibs, so I bought the 1.1 stub nib for it, and it's like having a new pen. I'm thinking of getting a 1.1 for my RB 580. (I have a Rose Gold with a Pendleton point which I also love).

VertOlive
December 5th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I've got the Mini TWSBI Classic, Demonstrator, and the Black Diamond as well as the larger TWSBI 540. Nibs range from Fine to 1.5mm. These stay in the collection every time I have a Pen Purge episode!

SawtoothJL
December 6th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Its A great every day pen also! Holds more Ink Than A cartridge/converter and A great pocketable size

bjai
December 6th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Do u fill it to the top though? I tend not to as I like to change my colours often.

mtnbiker62
December 7th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I have a classic and a clear one with EF nibs. They are usually inked with Noodler's Black and 54th Massachussetts. I write in my Moleskine journal with them, and they are one of the few pen/ink combinations that work well in those notebooks.

bjai
December 8th, 2014, 12:30 AM
I wish they would come out with the mini version with aluminium!

Willieboy
January 12th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Yesterday, I ordered the Mini with the 1.1mm italic nib. It's good to read it's such a nice pen. I hope this pen will fit in the Quiver attached to pocket size "Webbie".

I like mango pudding
January 12th, 2015, 08:03 PM
The 1.1 on the mini is nowhere near the same as a 1.1 on the 580. In fact they are miles apart

bjai
January 16th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Miles apart as in the mini one being smoother? I also bought a 1.1mm in vac 700. The 1.1mm on Vac 700 is smoother than the one on the mini for sure.

Bart Willems
January 16th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Miles apart as in the mini one being smoother? I also bought a 1.1mm in vac 700. The 1.1mm on Vac 700 is smoother than the one on the mini for sure.

Miles apart in stroke width. At least that's my experience. The 580 1.1 seems to be about 1½× as wide as the Mini 1.1, and yes the Mini's stub seems to be a bit scratchier. All opinion of course; YMMV.

bjai
January 16th, 2015, 10:16 PM

Miles apart in stroke width. At least that's my experience. The 580 1.1 seems to be about 1½× as wide as the Mini 1.1, and yes the Mini's stub seems to be a bit scratchier. All opinion of course; YMMV.
Yes I agree with you. The 1.1mm on Vac 700 is much wider than that on mini too!

Bart Willems
January 16th, 2015, 10:24 PM

Yes I agree with you. The 1.1mm on Vac 700 is much wider than that on mini too!

It's not necessarily a bad thing... You can write smaller with the Mini (teehee!) and the narrower stroke makes it easier for the feed to keep up, which seems to be a weak spot with most of my TWSBI's.