PDA

View Full Version : J herbin scented inks

bjai
December 8th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I got the set of 5 with 10ml sample of each. I have the full size rose scented one prior to acquiring the entire set and I was very impressed with the rose scented one, smelt just like bulgarian roses, quite a runny ink and worked well in my Lamy safari.

Tried both the apple green and lavender blue on my new twsbi mini, not impressed at all, colours fade, yes, fade!! To about half the intensity of the colour when first laid down upon 5 minutes of drying.

Scent is not as pleasant as the rose and not even close to noticeable on my journal.

Very disappointed. ..

tandaina
December 8th, 2014, 09:02 PM
The only one I've tried is the Rose, and I agree with you, it is wonderful. The color is lovely and the scent is really nice. Sorry to hear the others aren't that nice.

bjai
December 8th, 2014, 09:16 PM
This is especially so after I used the 1670 rouge hematite! Mine has no sheen on normal paper so the rose scented ink is comparable to 1670 rouge hematite on that count. I will try out the amber orange and violette over the weekend and update my review.

Immoteus
January 26th, 2015, 02:49 AM
Yes, unfortunately the scented ink line from Jay. Herb-Inn can be disappointing. Don't get me started on the Orange!