PDA

View Full Version : SOLD MB146 "Black Rhodium" Pendleton "B" Nib - No Longer Available

heymatthew
December 9th, 2014, 07:11 AM
MB146 "Black Rhodium" Pendleton "B" Nib

*PRICE DROP TO $375 (Buyer to pay fees, I pay shipping)*

Hello all,
I'm rather sad to be listing this pen as it was a bit of a challenge to get it, but after some time with it and some other circumstances I've found that I need to list it. I originally purchased this Montblanc 146 from an FPN Member. It was sent to "Dutchpen" (another member there) to have the yellow gold re-plated in black rhodium (think Sailor Imperial Black). I then sent it to Pendleton Brown to eliminate a baby's bottom issue and to crisp it up just a bit. It now has a nice 7/10 flow with some subtle line variation. He knocked it down from a 0.9 to about a 0.8 as well (it's roughly on-par with my Pilot VP "Medium" now, but has more line variation than the Pilot).

This pen writes beautifully (I'm sure in more capable hands than mine, this pen will create lovely things) and it's absolutely GORGEOUS to look at, however, I decided after some reflection, that I don't super love the nib as it's just a bit too broad for me for daily use and I learned of a friend's financial hardship this weekend and would like to pass on this pen and use some of the money to help give her a great Christmas. She's not had a great year and my wife and I love her dearly so I think this is the best thing I can do with this. I have other pens that I love and I will probably try this venture again in the future, but for now, it is in my heart to do something special for someone who means the world to us.

The pen is in good condition with just some light signs of use. The "snowcap" is bright and beautiful and contrasts incredibly well with the black/gray/silver tones of the pen. Included is the pen, a Montblanc pen box (not the original, I don't think) and a partial bottle of Montblanc Albert Einstein Gray (probably 80% full).

I'd like to get $375 shipped anywhere in the United States for this pen or best reasonable offer. Buyer pays PayPal fee. I have more than that tied up in the pen, but I'm willing to take a bit of a loss on it in an effort to move it. I really want this to go to a great home, though, because it's a beautiful pen and I think it just deserves to be used and carried.

Please PM or email me with any questions or offers you may have. I'm not interested in any trades as I'll be using at least a portion of the cash for our friend and the rest will probably go to gifts for my own family.

Kindest regards and warmest wishes during the holidays and always...

Matthew

List Date: 12/9/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: MB146 "Black Rhodium" Pendleton "B" Nib
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

http://staticimages.panjo.com/browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
http://www.panjo.com/analytics/ga/fountain-pen-geeks
http://imagecdn2.panjo.com/images/FnyyhjVmwDWh.jpg
http://imagecdn2.panjo.com/images/je3WV2G2En5T.jpg
http://imagecdn2.panjo.com/images/Qhq0eF0fsnGF.jpg

manoeuver
December 9th, 2014, 07:42 AM
what a beautiful pen.

heymatthew
December 9th, 2014, 07:46 AM
what a beautiful pen.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! I figure most of the Montblanc Purists will want me hanged for such an abomination, but surely someone out there will take this lovely guy home and give me the opportunity to spread a little Christmas cheer to a dear friend.

tandaina
December 9th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Oh that's gorgeous. I wish I had the cash to buy it from you. I love the 146, and with the Pendleton nib that is just. Damn. Someone will snap it up I'm sure!

heymatthew
December 9th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Oh that's gorgeous. I wish I had the cash to buy it from you. I love the 146, and with the Pendleton nib that is just. Damn. Someone will snap it up I'm sure!

Thank you! I hope someone grabs it. It needs a nice, warm home where it will be loved and cherished. :D Not that I don't love and cherish it, but you know...

akafridi3
December 9th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I like the creativity and new energy you gave this pen. It reminds me of Batman!

heymatthew
December 9th, 2014, 10:02 AM
I like the creativity and new energy you gave this pen. It reminds me of Batman!

You know you want it! :D

earthdawn
December 9th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Im so dying for this pen... I gave up long ago and thats why I have the 18K nibbed version. Man I would love to get this !!!

Ugh... pen budget is a bust right now :cry:

heymatthew
December 9th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Im so dying for this pen... I gave up long ago and thats why I have the 18K nibbed version. Man I would love to get this !!!

Ugh... pen budget is a bust right now :cry:

If you win the lotto it's here... :)

heymatthew
December 9th, 2014, 06:43 PM
For what it's worth, I'm definitely open to reasonable offers on this guy! :D

brewsky
December 13th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Never knew they offered black rhodium furniture before... That is amazing.

heymatthew
December 13th, 2014, 07:06 PM

They don't. I actually sent the pen off to a gentleman in the Netherlands and paid to have all the yellow gold re-plated in black rhodium. :)

brewsky
December 13th, 2014, 07:10 PM

They don't. I actually sent the pen off to a gentleman in the Netherlands and paid to have all the yellow gold re-plated in black rhodium. :)
That's the coolest thing I've ever heard...

heymatthew
December 13th, 2014, 07:34 PM

Yeah. It turned out really well and cost quite a bit to have done, but I think it was worth it in the end. It's beautiful, although a lot of MB "Purists" would disagree. I had a few tire kickers and some lowball offers, so I ultimately decided to just keep it. I'll never get out of it close to what I have in it (used MB146's sell for half or less than half of what I paid for this guy all-in) and I just can't give it away, charity or not. :) I've found another way to help out our friend so this guy gets to stay with me. I'm sending it off one more time to have the nib worked on just a tiny bit more.

If you're ever interested in having an MB done, I can refer you to the guy that did it. He's a really cool cat and did a great job.

brewsky
December 13th, 2014, 07:38 PM

Yeah. It turned out really well and cost quite a bit to have done, but I think it was worth it in the end. It's beautiful, although a lot of MB "Purists" would disagree. I had a few tire kickers and some lowball offers, so I ultimately decided to just keep it. I'll never get out of it close to what I have in it (used MB146's sell for half or less than half of what I paid for this guy all-in) and I just can't give it away, charity or not. :) I've found another way to help out our friend so this guy gets to stay with me. I'm sending it off one more time to have the nib worked on just a tiny bit more.

If you're ever interested in having an MB done, I can refer you to the guy that did it. He's a really cool cat and did a great job.
Awesome man. Glad to hear you can hold on to that unique pen. I don't have a MB and don't plan on getting one, but I greatly appreciate it! I will keep your name in mind if I ever need the service done.

cellardoor04
December 31st, 2014, 11:42 AM
That is a gorgeous pen, and I am in love with the nib and furniture. Would you mind referring me to the fellow who did the plating? It is unique and beautiful, in my opinion!

heymatthew
December 31st, 2014, 04:34 PM
That is a gorgeous pen, and I am in love with the nib and furniture. Would you mind referring me to the fellow who did the plating? It is unique and beautiful, in my opinion!

His name is Lennard and he is on Fountain Pen Network under the name dutchpen. :)