PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the desert

penspouse
April 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Nice to find another fountain pen forum. As if I don't already spend WAY too much time on them already. Looking forward to seeing what is posted here.

Kelly G
April 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Welcome! Isn't it the truth - the not exactly needing another forum - but what the heck, right? This forum reminds me of the early days of a number of forums; this one has a good feel to it.

Okami
April 14th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Hi, penspouse!! Welcome aboard!

SProctor
April 14th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Welcome penspouse!

Its great to have you here with us! I too felt that way when I initially saw this forum... but since then I have really changed my mind. I think this is the perfect time for a new, successful and "better" writing instrument forum here. FPN has gotten so big that it is becoming a little restricted in its flexability... Nothing bad about that, just something that can happen when you have so many members (20K+?). Another thing that is nice with the smaller forums is that they are not saddled with all of the extra rules/regulations that were developed over years of dealing with various issues. Again, nothing bad about that, it just happens over time... I still really enjoy visiting and posting on FPN quite often as well as some of the others. I guess generally, we could make an effort to build up the reviews here and fill the wiki pages with facts and deffinitions, etc. in order to add even more value to this here.

On the plus side of things, you will not find a better or nicer group of people anywhere than right here @ FPGeeks... and now you are part of that group! I look forward to seeing and reading your posts!

Very Best Wishes & Kindest Regards,
Stephen

eriquito
April 14th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Helloooo penspouse!!

Welcome to Fountain Pen Geeks! It's fantastic to see you here.

We're "just down the street" from each other (if Interstate 10 counts as a street =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

penspouse
April 14th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Helloooo penspouse!!

Welcome to Fountain Pen Geeks! It's fantastic to see you here.

We're "just down the street" from each other (if Interstate 10 counts as a street =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Sure. Why not? :D

TWRDO
April 14th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Welcome from another desert rat :)

dannzeman
April 16th, 2010, 09:09 PM
penspouse, welcome!
Just to reiterate and expand upon what SProctor stated, the wiki is our main concern over the long term. As a member of FPGeeks you have the ability to edit and add to the wiki. What we want to accomplish with it is collect and organize information related to fountain pens so that a person can quickly and easily find basic information about a pen, an ink, or a company.
Secondly, the FPGeeks forum is all about the members. You have a voice and it will be heard. If you ever have questions or suggestions please contact either me or eriquito.

Finally, there are a couple of features I would like to point your attention to. Please read them and participate as they help make the forum a better community for everyone.
Rating Threads (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_rating_threads )
Reputation (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation)

And if you have any questions check out the FAQ (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php). If that doesn't answer them feel free to contact one of the Admins.