PDA

View Full Version : Rhodia paper problem.

ainterne
December 11th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered. I always use Rhodia to practice my handwriting and have done so for a few years. Recently however I have noticed that when I look at my nibs via my loupe the are getting quite dirty from paper particles collecting around the nib and feed. More debris than normal lets say.

I have never noticed it to this level before and have been wondering if I have a bad batch of Rhodia or similar. I use different but well known inks like Diamine, Herbin and Iroshizuku, so I don't think it's the ink.

Has anyone had similar experiences with Rhodia, I can't say it's normal because as I say, I have been using it for quite some time and not seen this before. Is it that Rhodia are cost cutting perhaps?

Can anyone suggest another paper that perhaps is less prone to this happening? I currently use Rhodia No 18 Orange Graph Paper and like to get it from Amazon with Prime for quick delivery.Thanks for any suggestions/help.

Phil.

Mags
December 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
The Tomoe River Paper seems not to have debris but it wrinkled easily. So some people do not like it.

Midori notebooks not the leather traveller inserts but the larger notebooks seem to be problem free.

That all being said every nib likes some flossing love and a rinse now and again.