PDA

View Full Version : A special PIF for all Kobe ink lovers - and everyone else of course! :-)

migo984
December 12th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Today I'm offering a special notebook, produced this autumn to celebrate the release of the 50th Nagasawa Kobe ink colour.

These notebooks are only available from Japan. The soft front & back covers are printed with all 50 colours of these wonderful inks. The Japanese GRAPHILO paper used inside the notebook has been specially developed for use with fountain pens. It is designed to maximise the clarity of letters, with no bleeding or blurring and it feels soft under the nib. Although it is lightweight it minimises show-through and bleed-through.

To me, the paper is very reminiscent of Maruman Mnemosyne. It is slightly off-white in shade.

SIZE:
A5: 210 x 148mm

PAGES:
96 pages
4mm squares, printed in light gray.
Perfect binding

This PIF is available to members worldwide, although you must have a minimum of 10 substantive posts in this Forum to qualify. I will pay postage costs.

If you'd like to be considered for this notebook, please reply in this thread, telling me about your current favourite ink and which is your grail ink. This PIF will close at 7pm (GMT) on 22nd December

Please note: I reserve the right to withdraw this PIF if there are insufficient entries.

FRONT & BACK COVERS

Neo
December 12th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Thank you for the generous offer, count me in.

mtnbiker62
December 12th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Wow...what a wonderful notebook and PIF. Thank you for your generosity. My favorite ink is No. 39 "Brick Brown-Red". My grail ink would be not just one, but this entire set. I have 4 of the inks so far: No. 6 "Bordeaux", No. 8 "Arima Amber", No. 34 "Sourakuen Tea Green and No. 39 "Brick Brown-Red", and am looking forward to acquiring them all.

Neo
December 12th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Wow...what a wonderful notebook and PIF. Thank you for your generosity. My favorite ink is No. 39 "Brick Brown-Red". My grail ink would be not just one, but this entire set. I have 4 of the inks so far: No. 6 "Bordeaux", No. 8 "Arima Amber", No. 34 "Sourakuen Tea Green and No. 39 "Brick Brown-Red", and am looking forward to acquiring them all.

Cool-japan on eBay is offering a set of the entire Kobe line of inks.....on the other hand it's $1000. Maybe if I win the lottery:jester:

Wrathen
December 12th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Wow a wonderful PIF I would love to be considered. My current favorite ink is a sample of Iroshizuku Yu-Yake I got from the latest ink drop. Prior to that it was my only other Iroshizuku ink Kon-Peki. I dont have a specific grail ink but I would love to be able to own an entire set of the iroshizuku inks. I would then make a wonderful wooden stand for them all in nice pyramid type shape and put it on my desk for display and consumption in my pens.

Though I have never tried any Kobe inks.... maybe its time to track one or two down and give them a try.

tandaina
December 12th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I'd love to be considered! My current favorite is Montblanc Winterglow. A grail ink? I think it would have to be some of the really neat Japanese inks I've seen sampled by journaling buddies but can't yet figure out the all Japanese sites to order!

klpeabody
December 12th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I think this is a really cool PIF. Please count me in.
My favorite ink of the moment is Sailor Miruai.
My grail ink is a tough one. I would have to say perhaps Montblanc British Racing Green as it has been discontinued, and so hard to come by these days. Or, maybe perhaps one of those Sailor Kingdom Note bottles. :cool:

reprieve
December 12th, 2014, 06:46 PM
That notebook is fantastic! How cool. Thanks for doing all of these awesome PIFs.

My favorite ink-of-the-moment is Organic Studio Oscar's Copper. My all-time favorite ink is Pilot Blue-black.
My grail ink is Sailor Fuji-musume, which is a beautiful purple with the most amazing shading and sheen. I have one bottle, but I would love to find a few spares; it was a limited edition a few years ago and is almost impossible to find now.

Chrissy
December 13th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Wow what an incredible PIF! I would absolutely adore this notebook. I could use it as a journal and always have to hand the colours of all of these fabulous Kobe inks that I can't afford and shouldn't buy. Wait! If I had this notebook, I would spend even more money on ink, and then I wouldn't be able to afford more pens, and if I didn't buy more pens I wouldn't use all of the fabulous Kobe ink that I had bought. OMG what a dilemma this is. I think I should go and lie down until I recover my senses.

carlos.q
December 13th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Thank you for this PIF! Please count me in.
My current favorite ink is Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black (followed closely by Sailor Shigure).
My grail ink was Parker Penman Sapphire... And I finally got a bottle!!! :dance3:

Crazyorange
December 13th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Please count me in. Current favorite is sheaffer peacock blue - got two bottle to make I don't run out.
Holly Grail ink would be bung box sweet potato - which is no where near coming back in stock. :(

Neo
December 13th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Please count me in. Current favorite is sheaffer peacock blue - got two bottle to make I don't run out.
Holly Grail ink would be bung box sweet potato - which is no where near coming back in stock. :(

Isn't it sad? Bungbox told me it's a limited seasonal ink. :cry:

Crazyorange
December 13th, 2014, 05:44 PM

I know, bung box told me it's a limited seasonal ink. :cry:

Cool Japan said it might come in stock in January. Fingers crossed.

phonelady61
December 14th, 2014, 05:02 PM
please count me in as well crazyorange pointed me here and im ever so grateful thanks

Tracy Lee
December 15th, 2014, 02:26 PM
I would love to be included in this. My favorite ink for awhile now is the PW Akkerman Zuiderpark Blauw-Groen. The color is just perfect and the ink itself well behaved and easy to clean. My grail ink is, strangely perhaps, Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock Red. I have no idea why, something about it is just quite . . . Amazing. I have amassed 3 bottles. I enjoy the Kobe inks, too, and have 4 colors so far. I am another fan of Brick Brown Red, especially in a big, fat, double Broad nib. Great shading. Thanks for the opportunity! :-)

johnus
December 15th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Thank you. Sign me it, please.

tinysnail
December 15th, 2014, 07:06 PM
This is a very sweet and generous PIF :) my current favourite ink is Kobe Monet Violet (also, Sailor Jentle Apricot!) and my grail ink would have to be Sailor Sky High. Got into fountain pens in July and I found out about Sky High too late. So hard to find anywhere for a reasonable price :/

jks2014
December 15th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks.
Count me in as well

my current fav is noodler's Lexington Gray.
My grail ink is Noodler's Singapore series

Sadiq
December 16th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Hey migo984...this is a very generous PIF!! :) please enter me as well.

Currently my favourite is a mix I made with cultpens Deep Dark Blue 25%, Diamine Delemere Green 25% & Parker Quink Black 50%...the combination produces a beautiful blue black that is almost mesmerizing when writing, has a deep blue black colour while writing, dries into a blue grey shaded colour & has specs of deep blue that sheens...the best colour I've used so far.

My grail ink would be the Parker Penman Sapphire, I've read some good reviews on them & I love the colour.

Thank you :)
Sadiq

Neo
December 17th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Thank you for the generous offer, count me in.

Withdrawing my entry, I just ordered one from cool-japan, good luck everyone!

obiwan
December 20th, 2014, 09:49 AM
A lovely notebook. Please count me in. Current fave is waffling (doesn't it always?), but probably MB Toffee Brown. I am a lover of browns and orange and I think my grail ink is a reality of orange ink that I like writing with regularly. All I've tried to date are a bit too, um, orange. The grail beacon hasn't been spotted yet....

migo984
December 21st, 2014, 07:54 AM
:bump2::bump2::bump2:

Neo
December 21st, 2014, 10:32 AM

Currently my favourite is a mix I made with cultpens Deep Dark Blue 25%, Diamine Delemere Green 25% & Parker Quink Black 50%...the combination produces a beautiful blue black that is almost mesmerizing when writing, has a deep blue black colour while writing, dries into a blue grey shaded colour & has specs of deep blue that sheens...the best colour I've used so far.

My grail ink would be the Parker Penman Sapphire, I've read some good reviews on them & I love the colour.

Sadiq

Would you upload a review of that please?

Sadiq
December 21st, 2014, 11:04 AM

Sadiq

Would you upload a review of that please?

Hi Neo, I was thinking of posting some pics, maybe not a full review...with the mix ratios & to show a writing sample while the ink is drying, once dried on copy & good paper (I received a letter from migo984 on Tomoe River, the back is almost completely covered, but there may be space for one last test :) )

On the TM paper the ink dries shaded & parts of the shading sheens...haven't seen that before :) The same ink in a fine is a Deep Dark Teal.

Will post soon...watch the ink reviews forum.

Chrissy
December 21st, 2014, 03:22 PM
I had forgotten that I didn't include my current favourite ink and my grail ink in my post.

They are: Diamine Green/Black current favourite, PP Sapphire Grail ink. I now have 2 full bottles.

migo984
December 28th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the delay in selecting the winner of this PIF. Christmas kind of got in the way :crazy_pilot:

I'm pleased to say that the winner of the Kobe notebook is ​Tracy Lee.

Congratulations. I'll be in touch via PM for your postal details. Hope you enjoy it.

migo

ps Happy New Year to you all. Another (inky) PIF will be appearing here soon...........

Sadiq
December 28th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Congratulations Tracy Lee!! :)

reprieve
December 28th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Congrats, Tracy Lee!!

Tracy Lee
December 28th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Wow, this is so cool!!!!

Crazyorange
December 28th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Congrats:)