PDA

View Full Version : Japanese inks you recommend

bjai
December 16th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Please give me a list of japanese inks that you recommend as I have a friend going to Japan for Christmas, can probably get some back for me.

I am thinking the Pilot series but which colour? A friend bought asa-gao for me (kon peki was out of stock) but it hasnt reached me yet.

Laura N
December 17th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Which colors do you like? Otherwise we'll only tell you what we like. :)

I like Pilot and Sailor inks equally -- maybe Sailor even a little more. If it were me, I'd have him or her pick up some of the Japan-only Sailor inks.

Silverbreeze
December 17th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Yes any Kobe inks. I know it sounds odd but many of us buy them on eBay with nutty shipping times

Neo
December 17th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Try looking at the bungBox series too, the 4b is great

bjai
December 17th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Kobe inks-is that a series of sailor inks?

Neo
December 17th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Yes, both Kobe and BungBox are different series made by sailor.

earthdawn
December 17th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Yes any Kobe inks. I know it sounds odd but many of us buy them on eBay with nutty shipping times

Try looking at the bungBox series too, the 4b is great

What they said :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Silverbreeze
December 17th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Kobe inks-is that a series of sailor inks?

The Box says Kobe Ink in Latin characters so thats how we remember it. But yes its a ink series/edition by Sailor that is not available outside of Asia to my knowledge

Chrissy
December 17th, 2014, 04:27 PM
One to look out for but that your friend may not find is Bungbox Sweet Potato Purple. It's flavour of the month.

The latest Kobe series Van Gogh Blue and Monet Purple are also popular

bjai
December 17th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Oh such lovely names. Can they be bought at the usual stationers?

Chrissy
December 18th, 2014, 04:58 AM
I doubt it, but you never know.

bjai
December 18th, 2014, 05:34 AM
So how do people usually acquire them?

Neo
December 18th, 2014, 05:37 AM
From cool-japan on ebay is usually the most economical way.

Laura N
December 18th, 2014, 07:04 AM
The Kobe inks are made exclusively for the Nagasawa Pen Shops, per Cool Japan. If you look at his store on eBay you can see (teeny) swatches, and can pick out some colors you like. Then send your friend to one of those pen shops. If you speak Japanese, or run a Google search, maybe before he goes you can figure out where they are, and give the addresses to your friend.

Similarly, if you Google "Bung Box," you'll find information about the store, which apparently is located in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka.

bjai
December 19th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Whao. I see. Will check it out. Just received my asa gao and sailor nano black from another friend who just came back from Japan. Can't wait to try it out

Tracy Lee
December 19th, 2014, 05:19 AM
On Ebay, Kobe is $19.99 a bottle with free shipping. They ship pretty fast. Over 30 colors.

Chrissy
December 19th, 2014, 05:39 AM
On Ebay, Kobe is $19.99 a bottle with free shipping. They ship pretty fast. Over 30 colors.

Sadly they don't include the latest Monet and Van Gogh

VertOlive
December 20th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Also the Sailor Kingdom Note series--Evening Cicada is nice as is Amanita muscaria. There are 5 each in the Insects, Birds, and Mushrooms of Japan categories.