PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan M200 Café Crème

reprieve
December 19th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Has anyone seen the new Pelikan M200 Café Crème (http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/en_US_INTL.FWI.displayShop.204201./classic-200-café-creme)? It looks delicious.

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/__v128/vfs-public/exclusive/products/classic-special-editions/classic-200-cafe-creme-detail-01.jpg
Photo from Pelikan.com (http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/en_US.CMS.displayCMS.93649./home)

I love the vintage styling. It kind of reminds me of the 1930s tortoise 100:

http://www.thepenguinpen.com/pelikan/detail/images/secondary/PE1416.3.jpg
Photo from The PENguin (http://www.thepenguinpen.com/pelikan/detail/rm16.jsp)

tandaina
December 19th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Nooooo but I must have one of those I love it!

sargetalon
December 19th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Yes, it seems Pelikan has been very generous this holiday season. The M805 Stresemann followed by the M200 Cafe Creme along side Amethyst, the 2015 Ink of the Year. I do fear that I will have to have all three. Not good at all since the pens are getting much harder to sneak inside the house now that my wife reads my blog...:butcher:

tandaina
December 19th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Anyone heard when it will be available? I don't see dates on Pelikans website.

klpeabody
December 19th, 2014, 06:19 PM
I am really interested in this one. Heard about it yesterday. It's on my list. Would love to know when it will be available.

Wrathen
December 19th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Wonder what nib it will have ...gold plated steel im guessing.

sargetalon
December 19th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Wonder what nib it will have ...gold plated steel im guessing.

No word yet that I have seen on a release date but the nib is definitely gold plated stainless steel.

Tony Rex
December 19th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Real nice.

Good for the ladies.

reprieve
December 19th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I'm keen to find out a release date as well. The only thing I've seen is some time 2015--nothing more specific.

VertOlive
December 19th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Very nice for the ladies!

Jeph
December 20th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Real nice.

Good for the ladies.

Bah! I'll have one eventually myself. :P

Tony Rex
December 22nd, 2014, 04:55 AM
I'm keen to find out a release date as well. The only thing I've seen is some time 2015--nothing more specific.

This one is due (tentative) in March. Too early to preorder atm. But it will be €125 RRP, and €100 plus shipping street.

RuiFromUK
December 22nd, 2014, 08:45 AM
Real nice.

Good for the ladies.

Bah! I'll have one eventually myself. :P

Me too!

penultress
December 26th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Definitely a must-have!

VertOlive
December 26th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Pre-ordered! That was such a no-brainer...

:rolleyes:

tandaina
December 26th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Pre-ordered! That was such a no-brainer...

:rolleyes:

Where, where did you preorder?

Tony Rex
December 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM
You can preorder here:

Hello Tony,

I'm just writing back to inform you that we already accept pre-orders for the Pelikan Cafe-Creme.
You can make a deposit of the 15% of the final price, and the rest when we receive it, in March.

If you need anything else, please feel free to write back.

Kind regards
Pilar
Iguana Sell

Lovely mob to deal with.

I'm skipping the cafe Crème, so if the Stresseman goes well I might enquire on "something else" instead..

VertOlive
December 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Yep. I begged him to take my money! Now for the wait...

gwgtaylor
February 14th, 2015, 08:10 AM
tylee.tw has them in stock and ready to ship for 3000 NTD. Shipping is 450 NTD to Canada. Cheapest I've seen. They have EF, F and M ready to go

tandaina
February 14th, 2015, 12:24 PM
I've ordered mine from PenChalet using a discount code. Waiting. I hate waiting.

tandaina
February 14th, 2015, 12:25 PM
tylee.tw has them in stock and ready to ship for 3000 NTD. Shipping is 450 NTD to Canada. Cheapest I've seen. They have EF, F and M ready to go

Wow, that's an amazing price.

gwgtaylor
February 14th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Right?? Cheaper than Amazon has plain black on sale for

Sailor Kenshin
February 14th, 2015, 05:33 PM
I love the look.

In fact, most of the specialty or LE pens I want are in the red/brown family, and my favorite inks are blues, and I can. Not. Put. Blue ink in a brown pen.

What's WRONG with me?

Laura N
February 14th, 2015, 06:35 PM
I love the look.

In fact, most of the specialty or LE pens I want are in the red/brown family, and my favorite inks are blues, and I can. Not. Put. Blue ink in a brown pen.

What's WRONG with me?

Very little: you just need more brown ink. :)

tandaina
February 14th, 2015, 11:35 PM
I love the look.

What's WRONG with me?
Nothing. Blue ink in a brown pen is an abomination! Buy brown or amber ink!

earthdawn
February 15th, 2015, 12:07 AM
I've ordered mine from PenChalet using a discount code. Waiting. I hate waiting.

Oh my... the Stresemann 805 comes down to $576 with the extra sale. OK well its still too much for me right now ... whew !

But that pen will be mine one day !!!

Back to the Café Crème ... very nice pen with a great color combination! I think Pelikan is really firing on all cylinders lately with their pens and color selection.

Mags
February 15th, 2015, 05:34 AM
GWGTaylor, are you getting one?

k5MOW
February 15th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Very nice.

Roger

Tony Rex
February 15th, 2015, 05:54 AM

I think they've revised the price..

3450 + 450 NTD = 3900 NTD = 125 USD

Which is still a good price, but when I tried to order "Sorry: There is no way to choose your delivery. Contact us" came up.

Mags
February 15th, 2015, 06:13 AM
How do you switch TY Lee site to english?

gwgtaylor
February 15th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Mine is on the way. Use google chrome Mags and it will translate as you go. I couldn't use their shopping cart to pay though so I used the contact link to email them and they sent me a quote. I replied and filled out a payment slip and the pen will go in the mail tomorrow.

gwgtaylor
February 15th, 2015, 10:18 AM
I asked for broad or medium. They also fine and extra fine.

KBeezie
February 15th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Delicious looking...

Crazyorange
February 15th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Mine is on the way. Use google chrome Mags and it will translate as you go. I couldn't use their shopping cart to pay though so I used the contact link to email them and they sent me a quote. I replied and filled out a payment slip and the pen will go in the mail tomorrow.

Ooohhhh...can you post pics after you get it? I'm very interested to see this pen in real life pics.

gwgtaylor
February 15th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Sure. :-)

gwgtaylor
February 18th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Mine came out to $141 CAD shipping to Toronto included. Great price for a Pel but spendy for a steel nib. I wonder how much I'll like it

gwgtaylor
February 20th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Ordered a 14k two tone oblique double broad nib for this pen from Richard Binder. It's gonna be epic

tandaina
February 20th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Someone post pictures! I haven't even gotten a shipping email from PenChalet yet!

Crazyorange
February 20th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Someone post pictures! I haven't even gotten a shipping email from PenChalet yet!

I agree.....I'm dying to see this pen.

VertOlive
February 20th, 2015, 01:53 PM
I'm told mine won't ship until March so yes, pictures please!

gwgtaylor
February 20th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Mine has shipped but no idea how long it will take from Taipei to Toronto.

ethernautrix
February 20th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Mine came out to $141 CAD shipping to Toronto included. Great price for a Pel but spendy for a steel nib. I wonder how much I'll like it

I love Pelikan's steel nibs. I use them in my Toledos.

RuiFromUK
March 4th, 2015, 07:30 AM
What ink are you planning to use when you get this pen?

Just curious as I am planning to use 'Café des Îles' from J. Herbin when I receive mine.

Neo
March 4th, 2015, 09:18 AM
What ink are you planning to use when you get this pen?

Just curious as I am planning to use 'Café des Îles' from J. Herbin when I receive mine.

Great choice! What about Cacao du Bresil (mocha)?

Crazyorange
March 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Any pics yet?

tandaina
March 4th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Dang it, it's march, where's my Peli??? :P

gwgtaylor
March 4th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Mine arrived from Taipei today! :-)

Crazyorange
March 4th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Beautiful. Thanks for the pics.

VertOlive
March 4th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Argh! Who's got my Pelikan?!?

gwgtaylor
March 10th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Put a Binderized 14k OBB in mine. What do you think?

Crazyorange
March 10th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Looks great. The ink is a perfect match. Where's the coffee?

Mags
March 11th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Great match and that pen is a powerhouse with the nib transplant. Love it.

gwgtaylor
March 11th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Looks great. The ink is a perfect match. Where's the coffee?

Drank it all. Oops

gwgtaylor
March 14th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Just posted a review on my blog. Mycoffeepot.org

earthdawn
March 14th, 2015, 08:27 PM
I got to see one in person today... wow..

They really hit the mark with the color combo on this.

Pelikan is really putting out some magnificent pens this year.

I also was lucky enough to see, hold and write with a Stresemann 805 and I melted. The size and feel is just everything I wanted it NOT to be lol. I must now find a way to aquire one... I have large hands so it was right in my ally.

kbrede
March 14th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Mine will ship Monday, incoming from the Netherlands. Hopefully it won't take too long. :)
Kent

alc3261
March 15th, 2015, 03:59 AM
I've put De Atramentis Sepia in mine - looks good.
Also swapped out the nib for a M400 gold Medium.

VertOlive
March 20th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Mine shipped today. Yarp!!!

RuiFromUK
March 20th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Mine shipped today. Yarp!!!

I am sure you will love it when you see it.

VertOlive
March 20th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Goldspot is offering the Cafe Creme for $169.95 plus a free bottle of Edelstein ink through the end of March. Looks like free shipping too. Use Promo Code GIFTTOPAZ for the ink.

Not a retailer, just an enabler.

ajp-oh
March 23rd, 2015, 07:09 PM
I've never been much of a Pelikan fan, but when I saw the cafe creme I was hooked; I had to have this pen! I saw in person the other day and was on the fence, but thanks to your post VertOlive I ordered it :) Good price, free shipping, and a bottle of ink is hard to beat. I've never ordered from Goldspot so I'm hoping for a good experience. Thanks again!

VertOlive
March 23rd, 2015, 07:15 PM
Argh! Mine was at my door but ended up back on the truck for want of a signature!

How come UPS doesn't have a form I could pre-sign when a signature required package is coming!?!

tandaina
March 23rd, 2015, 07:19 PM
I don't know, it drives me batty as well. :\ Ages ago I had a great UPS driver who knew no one would ever be home during work hours. So he'd get our work addresses and drop packages off at work if we wanted. So. Nice. Sadly these days they'd probably fire him for that.

Mags
March 23rd, 2015, 07:44 PM
Argh! Mine was at my door but ended up back on the truck for want of a signature!

How come UPS doesn't have a form I could pre-sign when a signature required package is coming!?!

Oh how frustrating when that happens. I hope the pick up location is closer than my experience often 1-2 communities away.

Lady Onogaro
March 23rd, 2015, 08:04 PM
I don't know, it drives me batty as well. :\ Ages ago I had a great UPS driver who knew no one would ever be home during work hours. So he'd get our work addresses and drop packages off at work if we wanted. So. Nice. Sadly these days they'd probably fire him for that.

This month's Harper's magazine had an article about the tracking and scheduling software that UPS, Starbucks, and other companies use to increase profits and worker productivity. Worker productivity = a note on your door so you can pick up the package (it's literally impossible to deliver the number of packages they do between 7 and 5 and drive safely, plus it takes a lot of time to open the cargo doors and close them on those trucks, so now you just get the slip on your door). Profitability does not = good service. :(

VertOlive
March 24th, 2015, 05:27 AM

This month's Harper's magazine had an article about the tracking and scheduling software that UPS, Starbucks, and other companies use to increase profits and worker productivity. Worker productivity = a note on your door so you can pick up the package (it's literally impossible to deliver the number of packages they do between 7 and 5 and drive safely, plus it takes a lot of time to open the cargo doors and close them on those trucks, so now you just get the slip on your door). Profitability does not = good service. :(

Well but now they have to make two trips and keep track of that. With a pre-signed form on the door waiting for them the first time, they could drop and go...

caribbean_skye
March 24th, 2015, 05:40 AM

Well but now they have to make two trips and keep track of that. With a pre-signed form on the door waiting for them the first time, they could drop and go...

Times certainly has changed. At one time FedEx, UPS and USPS had standing orders from me stating that if the package couldnt fit into my box that they could leave it in my garage (the door was always unlocked although kept shut) and unless it required a signature they did just that. If/when you pick it up, just ask them if they still offer that service.

That being said, most of what I ordered back then were books and dvds. Not entirely sure I would trust leaving a pricey item like that until i arrived home.

VertOlive
March 24th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Where are those Armed Drone Deliveries Amazon has promised us?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le46ERPMlWU

Neo
March 24th, 2015, 06:47 AM

I think the FAA said no to drones.

VertOlive
March 24th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Dang. UPS won't deliver with just a signature left for them and I can't take a day off work to sign in person. Sent the pen back to the seller...

Crazyorange
March 24th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Dang. UPS won't deliver with just a signature left for them and I can't take a day off work to sign in person. Sent the pen back to the seller...

Bummer. [emoji20]

gwgtaylor
March 24th, 2015, 02:31 PM

Oh that's awful. Can't have it delivered to your workplace? Are you going to ask the seller to re ship without a signature or are you giving up on this pen? Tylee.tw is still the cheapest I've seen

kbrede
March 24th, 2015, 03:04 PM

I've asked UPS to hold an item and then picked it up later on the weekend.

Edit: I know USPS will allow you to designate an "agent" to pick up and sign for a package. I would think UPS would allow that as well.
Kent

TerraNoir
March 24th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I just got mine!!! I couldn't be happier. A little sad that I didn't get the awesome deal from Goldspot though. But! With my new pretty in hand. I can't be too sad now. Hopefully I will have a review posted soon.

VertOlive
March 24th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies but my schedule is extremely tight so can't go pick it up, no designated agents in my life, and when they told me there was an extra fee to deliver to my lab I felt something snap in my head and sent the pen back.

I wish the seller had warned me they required my physical presence to sign, I wouldn't have ordered from them. I suppose I should have asked...

Once I get a refund I'll try again.

tandaina
March 24th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I understand the signature required thing but I try to avoid those who use it because I too often can't be home to sign. Hope you find someone who will ship to your office or to without a sig!

cwent2
March 24th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies but my schedule is extremely tight so can't go pick it up, no designated agents in my life, and when they told me there was an extra fee to deliver to my lab I felt something snap in my head and sent the pen back.

I wish the seller had warned me they required my physical presence to sign, I wouln't have ordered from them. I suppose I should have asked...

Once I get a refund I'll try again.

I hate it when something snaps in my head - especially if it is an anger snap. Wish you better results next time.

ajp-oh
March 25th, 2015, 10:32 AM
As I type this mine is out for delivery, but via USPS so I hope no signature is required. I so badly want to fill it with Iroshizuku Yama Guri to match brown on brown, but with that Goldspot deal I'm tempted to use the Edelstein Topaz as I've never used a Pelikan ink.

On the topic of deliveries, when I lived in Japan the delivery service was fantastic. You could specify delivery time in generally two hour blocks, but the better part was lockboxes that the front of the building. Many of the apartment buildings have lockers that hold your deliveries for you. When you get home you type in your PIN and it opens up. I wish we had that kind of system in the US.

VertOlive
March 25th, 2015, 11:04 AM
I was just told I'd get a full refund from the first seller. Went over to Goldspot and caught that deal. My head feels a little better...

Neo
March 25th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I was just told I'd get a full refund from the first seller. Went over to Goldspot and caught that deal. My head feels a little better...

Congratulations, :dance3:

ajp-oh
March 27th, 2015, 05:48 AM
Everything arrives safe and sound. I chose the standard shipping and it arrived in two days! Love this pen. I inked it with Iroshizuku Yama Guri and it looks great. Beautiful, smooth, wet line and really brings out this color. Using Yama Guri in my flex pen was fun, but the heavy flow made it look much darker. In the Pelikan it dries into a lighter brown, milk chocolate type color. Perfect! Thanks again VertOlive for the tip on the sale!

VertOlive
March 28th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Yep, mine was waiting for me this evening. While I see here browns are the "Ink of Coice", I elected to ink it with the Edelstein Topaz that came with it and gave it a whirl.

I was surprised by the petite size and heft of the pen-- more light weight than I'd expected. The broad nib I chose is surprisingly smooth, pics up later tomorrow, and a few more first thoughts on this my first Pelikan.

oldstoat
March 30th, 2015, 09:02 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le46ERPMlWU

Late to the conversation but why not use Waterstone's owl delivery service (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LtoSsE_4qU) when it starts?

ajp-oh
March 31st, 2015, 06:44 AM
Yep, mine was waiting for me this evening. While I see here browns are the "Ink of Coice", I elected to ink it with the Edelstein Topaz that came with it and gave it a whirl.

I was surprised by the petite size and heft of the pen-- more light weight than I'd expected Thee broad nib I chose is surprisingly smooth, pics up later tomorrow, and a few more first thoughts on this my first Pelikan.

It was something I was concerned about. I don't have particularly large hands, but prefer larger, heavier pens. My Ahab is probably the pen size I enjoy the most. The Pelikan is so light, and pretty small. But posted, and it posts really well, it's a good size. I don't have a good enough camera to take a decent photo of how the ink looks on paper, but attached an iPhone picture of Iroshizuku Yama Guri on cheap big box paper.http://i.imgur.com/YlZrpICm.jpg?1 (http://imgur.com/YlZrpIC)
The nib is really nice. I tried this pen out before buying it, and usually I go with a medium nib. I like the size of the line created by my medium Lamy. I tried this out in a fine, and bought the fine, and the width comes close to the Lamy medium. Very smooth and nice wet line without gushing all over the page. I have a medium Cross ATX that is super wet and writes like a broad.
That is the extent of my review which isn't much of a review, but I'm not a reviewer..

VertOlive
March 31st, 2015, 06:47 PM
Well, no review here, either. There was a hairline crack in the cap (the box arrived open in a USPS bag) and the pen is being returned...:(

Lately I have this lousy shipping karma thing.

Neo
March 31st, 2015, 06:50 PM
Well, no review here, either. There was a hairline crack in the cap (the box arrived open in a USPS bag) and the pen is being returned...:(

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the vendor will be shipping you a new pen?

earthdawn
March 31st, 2015, 08:19 PM

UGH ... can you feel the sympathy from us all... man that stinks !!!!

You order... then wait... then get the tracking #... ohhh boy... then you refresh the tracking on the hour every hour... then it arrives... and... heartbreak.

Really sorry.. hopefully they will get a new one out ASAP!

Bogon07
April 1st, 2015, 09:06 PM
Waiting for mine to complete its transit of the Pacific from Dan in the USA.

Lady Onogaro
April 2nd, 2015, 09:19 AM

That's not karma--that's the post office. : (

Hope you get the pen soon.

Mags
April 3rd, 2015, 06:38 AM
I was hopeful my pen would arrive for Easter. Not here so I suppose next weekend it may arrive. plus finding a $129 price took me time..

Mags sent from my blackberry playbook using tapatalks

VertOlive
April 3rd, 2015, 10:14 AM
Well, I did not ask for a replacement actually. Though very attractive, I wasn't crazy about it's lightweight build. It just didn't feel right in my hand. Moving on...

gwgtaylor
April 5th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I was hopeful my pen would arrive for Easter. Not here so I suppose next weekend it may arrive. plus finding a $129 price took me time..

Mags sent from my blackberry playbook using tapatalks

Wow! Great price! From where?

Mags
April 5th, 2015, 07:03 PM
http://www.missing-pen.de is who I ordered from off e-bay.

gwgtaylor
April 5th, 2015, 07:18 PM

Ah US dollars plus shipping. Pretty good. For what it's worth Tylee.tw works out to 113 usd shipping included

gwgtaylor
April 5th, 2015, 07:19 PM

Ah US dollars plus shipping. Pretty good. For what it's worth Tylee.tw works out to 113 usd shipping included

For anyone still looking for a bargain

Mags
April 5th, 2015, 07:21 PM

I know but I could not sort out the Lang and google translate. It was just easier the way I ended up doing it. The price was still respectable.

gwgtaylor
April 5th, 2015, 07:30 PM

I know but I could not sort out the Lang and google translate. It was just easier the way I ended up doing it. The price was still respectable.

For sure. Lots of people have it for much higher.