PDA

View Full Version : Two New Pens Arrived Today.

Willieboy
December 19th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I received a Namiki Falcon medium and a Noodler's Ahab fine today. I inked them up and am amazed at the smoothness with which they write, especially the Noodler. It is as smooth as silk. I had not written with a fountain pen in roughly 55 years so the performance of both pens was a pleasant surprise. I expected the same performance I had in high school, where it felt I was writing on sandpaper. These are both very nice pens.

Thanks for looking,

Mr. Bill

writingrav
December 19th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Congratulations. Enjoy and expand. There are so many pens and so little time (and money.)

VertOlive
December 19th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Delighted to hear you picked two winners right out of the gate. Enjoy!

picautomaton
December 20th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Pictures pleeease want to see

Willieboy
December 20th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks all. I've done a bit of writing with both pens and alas, I still have terrible penmanship. I'm not sure what I think about the flexible nibs. I certainly cannot produce the beautiful lines I've seen in pictures. I think I may need to purchase another pen with a normal nib for the sake of comparison.

Mags
December 20th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I am sure things only improve with practice and you picked two wonderful pens to work with. Perhaps a Pilot Metropolitan would help you with a medium nib.

VertOlive
December 20th, 2014, 04:59 PM
The quickest way for me to improve the look of my handwriting was a Lamy Safari 1.1 stub nib....:)

Silverbreeze
December 20th, 2014, 05:48 PM
The quickest way for me to improve the look of my handwriting was a Lamy Safari 1.1 stub nib....:)

Try one of Dan's Architect Points

Willieboy
December 22nd, 2014, 01:49 PM
I filled out a number of applications over the weekend using my new Namiki Falcon. I am getting accustomed to this pen and I really like it. It has the medium nib. One thing I really got a kick out of was writing boldly in fields where there was room and pressing lightly where the filed was too small to accommodate the information that had to be crammed in. I was able to write my lengthy corporate email address in a small space just by writing smaller and reducing pressure to obtain a finer line. Neat!