PDA

View Full Version : RED & BLACK

GING GING
December 19th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Has any one heard of this note book? I hear Walmart carries it. It's not a particularly hi end paper but I hear that the ink doesn't bleed through. MOLESKINE Is lousy, and very page bleeds through, you'd think that a large city like Jacksonville would have a much better selection of paper

Waski_the_Squirrel
December 19th, 2014, 11:47 PM
I've been very impressed with this paper. It has no bleed through, shows the sheen beautifully, and has quite a heavy weight.

However, I was disappointed with the hardcover notebooks. They have too many extra things in them not related to writing. The paper is nice, but I just don't like writing on it. These notebooks also taught me that I don't like hardcover notebooks.

Nevertheless, great paper at a really nice price.

rdcalhoon
December 20th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I like the Res n Black hardcover notebooks. I have several in progress right now: ink log, decision journal, distillation log. I have to buy them from Amazon. I can only find the spiral bound locally. I have an irrational aversion to spiral bound notebooks, having smashed too many of them flat.

caribbean_skye
December 20th, 2014, 08:09 AM
if its the same ones i am thinking of, I have only found them at a Rite Aid

manoeuver
December 20th, 2014, 09:23 AM
I like em.

klpeabody
December 20th, 2014, 10:09 AM
If you don't see the Black N' Red at Walmart, try a few Staples stores in your area. I have noticed that there are a few Staples locations near me that happen to carry it. If you stop into Staples, then I suggest trying their Bagasse/sugarcane paper as well.

(edited for typos.)

Wrathen
December 24th, 2014, 10:11 AM
I havent found them at ether of my WalMarts near me but I have bought 3 of them from Staples. Its pretty good stuff and I use it. That said really wet pens dont seem to like it very much but dry to medium wetness pens are perfect. If you go over the same area alot (IE to make a dark patch) your nib can pull up fibers or tear paper but all and all pretty good stuff I generally keep one on my desk at work and in my bag with me.

Jolltax
January 29th, 2015, 04:13 AM
I reviewed a Red and Black pad here (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5969-Oxford-Red-and-Black-A4-notebook-for-work-looking-for-a-(better)-alternative) not sure if its the same type of thing in the US.

J

kbrede
January 29th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Just an FYI, if anyone is interested in trying one of these. They are cheap on Amazon as an add-on item. I've never tried one but for $2.99 I'll pick one up eventually. :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JCPP9A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=H7WNWPBY3E88&coliid=I37WYSY325QSDM

Kent

alc3261
January 29th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Staples do stock them over here plus the Bagasse of course.

Potter
January 29th, 2015, 08:02 AM
In the UK why not try:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/black-n-red-a5-casebound-notebook/210-4197.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=210-4197

only £1.75, looks the same to me and is great paper, white, smooth and does not feather or bleed, they just look a bit 'Industrial' or 'Scholarly' depending on viewpoint

whych
January 29th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Which Staples paper is the Bagasse?

caribbean_skye
January 29th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Which Staples paper is the Bagasse?

I believe it is the sugarcane one