PDA

View Full Version : Problems purchasing pen from William Melvin aka 'Bill'

Teresa5914
December 20th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Hello

I purchased a Parker 75 fountain pen from William Melvin aka 'Bill' on the Green board on Pentrace back in September.

To cut a long story short Bill sent the pen from the US to the UK, however Royal Mail inadvertantly returned the pen back to Bill. I have been trying for the last 3 months to get a resolution.

Bill is responsible as the sender - I have even offered to pay to have the pen resent. Please see the last email recieved from Bill who now has my pen (paid for by my wife as a wedding present):

Hello Richard,

Thank you for replying. Having read through this email, my only response at this moment is:
1) You continue to use the term "tracking". There is NO tracking with USPS for International shipping. I have you a "Customs Form Number", knowing it is used by USPS to track package to Customs of the addresses Country ONLY. Not to be confused as a "tracking number".
2) As I now trust not The Royal Mail, I'm not willing to re-send this pen, via USPS International at all.
3) Should this pen be re-sent, we will have to use 1 of 2 carriers: UPS or FedEx (these are the only carriers I have access to, but do not have accounts with).
4) I'm certain you can research these carriers and their charges for shipping online. I would have to re-pack this pen and fill out the respective carriers forms AND find a way to get the package picked up for delivery.
5) It is a very busy time here with family and I don't know when I will be able to do any of the above.

Best Wishes,
Bill

I am pretty frustrated... all I want is him to resend the pen my wife paid for. I am happy to provide all emails to support my side of the story.

I bought a pen advertised on the green board on Pentrace which I have yet to receive or have yet to receive a refund for!

Any suggetsions on how to proceed? I have tried invane to resolve this issue with the seller. He is making it harder for the pen to be re-sent even though it is his responsibility.

I would have preferred to resolve issues directly with this seller but he is becoming more and more uncoperative. I would caution buyers to beware as he is not the best at resolving issues.

Thanks!

Teresa5914
December 20th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Hello

I purchased a Parker 75 fountain pen from William Melvin aka 'Bill' on the Green board on Pentrace back in September.

To cut a long story short Bill sent the pen from the US to the UK, however Royal Mail inadvertantly returned the pen back to Bill. I have been trying for the last 3 months to get a resolution.

Bill is responsible as the sender - I have even offered to pay to have the pen resent. Please see the last email recieved from Bill who now has my pen (paid for by my wife as a wedding present):

Hello Richard,

Thank you for replying. Having read through this email, my only response at this moment is:
1) You continue to use the term "tracking". There is NO tracking with USPS for International shipping. I have you a "Customs Form Number", knowing it is used by USPS to track package to Customs of the addresses Country ONLY. Not to be confused as a "tracking number".
2) As I now trust not The Royal Mail, I'm not willing to re-send this pen, via USPS International at all.
3) Should this pen be re-sent, we will have to use 1 of 2 carriers: UPS or FedEx (these are the only carriers I have access to, but do not have accounts with).
4) I'm certain you can research these carriers and their charges for shipping online. I would have to re-pack this pen and fill out the respective carriers forms AND find a way to get the package picked up for delivery.
5) It is a very busy time here with family and I don't know when I will be able to do any of the above.

Best Wishes,
Bill

I am pretty frustrated... all I want is him to resend the pen my wife paid for. I am happy to provide all emails to support my side of the story.

I bought a pen advertised on the green board on Pentrace which I have yet to receive or have yet to receive a refund for!

Any suggetsions on how to proceed? I have tried invane to resolve this issue with the seller. He is making it harder for the pen to be re-sent even though it is his responsibility.

I would have preferred to resolve issues directly with this seller but he is becoming more and more uncoperative. I would caution buyers to beware as he is not the best at resolving issues.

Thanks!

I have recieved a reply from Bill and we have hopefully reached an amicable solution. He is going to resend using USPS Express Mail International.

I'd like to thank him for his attention and speedy resolution to this problem which was no fault of his or mine.

Hawk
May 27th, 2015, 09:45 PM
I attempted to purchase a pen from Bill on the green board. Needless to say after accepting my offer (at his price) he sold it to someone else. During the dialogue, he said he responded to my offer in 20 minutes, when, in fact it was ~2 hours. It was getting late so I didn't respond until the next day. I received another email stating he would sell the pen to another person if I didn't respond within 2 hours. i responded in 2 hours and 17 minutes. I don't know if he is a good seller or not but his timing on the transaction differs from mine. If you do buy, stay close to your email. I'm glad I didn't forward the money before confirming the deal.