PDA

View Full Version : Platignum No2 Fountain pen PIF

top pen
December 22nd, 2014, 01:00 PM
Another PIF as I’m trying to scale my group of pens back down to a more manageable size.

It’s a Platignum No2 fountain pen. It shows some minor signs of use however I have only used it a few times as I’m not a fan of slick metal grips. In terms of performance it has a really smooth medium nib which cuts far above its weight and is comparable to pens that cost significantly more and it weights approx. 27 grams.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61qpDomoCwL._SL1500_.jpg
Stock Photo used as my camera isn't great

It takes standard international cartridges and I will include a few generic cartridges that I know work in it will work in it.

How to enter, etc
• Post below with a few sentences about you and why you would like the pen.
• Open till the 10th of January 2015.
• Free shipping

sparkinflint
December 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
wow! i would love to try out a new pen as i currently only own a lamy safari. Also would love a new pen for EDC

top pen
December 26th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Bump

:laser:

top pen
January 1st, 2015, 10:30 AM
Bump

Fress shipping

:laser::laser:

Quantum Sailor
January 1st, 2015, 02:19 PM
I'm not entering as I have won a PIF and have many pens but would just like to say its very generous of you.

phonelady61
January 1st, 2015, 03:19 PM
I would love to have this pen and it is a sharp looking pen and I lost my dads pen last year and it makes me ill . I love pens . thanks again for offering such a nice PIF .

Mullen88
January 4th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Hello,

Great looking pen. Just started my fountain pen obsession and would like to add to my collection (currently consisting of one Black Lamy Safari). As an engineer looking for a job my wallet would surely thank you.

Sean.

top pen
January 6th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Bump
:laser::laser::laser:

ARClemmons
January 6th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Very nice pen, I haven't experienced a grip like this yet. I am new to the world of fountain pens and would love to add this to my beginner collection. Thanks for the chance. :)

bk123
January 7th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Though I'm not a novice user of Fountain pens, I have not used Platignum fountain pen yet. Fountain pen is like religion in my family. All of my family members use FP only. There is also a brief story associated with this "Platignum" brand. When I first heard of this brand I thought there was a spelling mistake as I had many FPs from the Japanese brand "Platinum". Finally, I got my facts corrected and came to know that this brand is from UK and it is not Platinum from Japan. Having said that I would love to use this PIF as my first Platignum FP.
Thanks for your generous offer though!!

ejaycock
January 7th, 2015, 10:04 AM
I am a novice pen user and the sleek and modern look of this pen would be awesome to have at work and show off to friends.

six3oo
January 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Hi, I've been in a hobby a while, but have always retained an interest for these Platignums (or other 3rd-tier brands for that matter). I've never seen this pen before, and it is certainly a looker. Thank you for the opportunity.

top pen
January 11th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I put every entry into a spread sheet and using the order they came I assigned a number and used https://www.random.org/ to come up with the winner.

So the Winner is sparkinflint.

Congratulations

sparkinflint
January 11th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Yay! the first pen i have won from a pif! thanks top pen!