PDA

View Full Version : The Frank Purdue approach to Sheaffer buying. "Parts is Parts".

david i
December 24th, 2014, 12:33 AM
How did those Frank Purdue chicken ads start, "Parts is Parts"?

So, I'm engaged in the Great Sorting of the pen room, loading sales stock, restored material not yet on website, oodles of pens to go for restoration, parts and more. The new 3000-5000 pen cabinet (itself a thread for another day) is taking up boxes and scraps from all over the pen room. Found a box full of Sheaffer Balances and 1940s pens. These are not parts from various failed purchases, but was a single collection grabbed years ago. I'd harvested a few gems. Many of the remainders here have moderate wear, names in barrels, some fatal defects, but many are at least so-so and salvageable. There are grand parts of course, which is why I'd bought the several dozen epns. In truth, I'd wholly forgotten about this lot, reflecting I suppose why the pen room needs a major purging. Makes a pretty photo at least.

http://vacumania.com/penteech2/sheaffer_big_pile_parts.jpg

So much yet to organize.

-d

Frank
December 24th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Should be good for a parts lot/bin at next month's Philly Show! No major parts people there for the most part......

Frank