PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Pen Forum?

Okami
August 3rd, 2012, 09:48 PM
No place for Japanese or Asian pens?

Bogon07
August 3rd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Good idea. Japanese and Chinese ones would be good.

Pinkys.Brain
August 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
I would implement an "Asian Pens" forum and a "German Pens" and maybe an "American Pens" forum, and then I`d scrap the "Brand focus" forum. I just do not like that there`s are subsections (Montblanc, Lamy, etc.) in a subsection (Brand focus).

FP_GaF
August 4th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I also would like to have a section for Japanese pens or Asian pens in general. I would like to see more of these pens discussed on the forums.

dannzeman
August 4th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I'll get a forum for Asian pens created this afternoon.

Pinkys.Brain
August 5th, 2012, 02:04 AM
I'll get a forum for Asian pens created this afternoon.

Thanks! ^_^

FP_GaF
August 5th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Yeah, thanks Dan. I am looking forward to this forum.

writingrav
August 5th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Good ideas. I'd separate Japanese and Chinese pens and maybe add Indian pens.

Ziggy1333
August 5th, 2012, 12:32 PM
WOOHOO!!!
I'm excited about this :)

dannzeman
August 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Ok, I apologize for not getting the forum created when I said I would. Can anyone come up with some more interesting than "Asian Pens" for the name of the forum?

FP_GaF
August 6th, 2012, 11:44 AM
How about "Tines of the Orient"?

Well, just a thought...

Ziggy1333
August 6th, 2012, 05:53 PM
- Beasts of the East?

oh oh oh, how about Oriental Nibery .... hmmm no wait some nibs are made in Germany..... Oriental Beauty? which is incidentally the name of a Tea.... hihihi

Nib Dojo? Pen Den? uhmmm I can't think at the moment.... I need a cup of tea ;) cheers.

KrazyIvan
August 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Dragons Nibbage.

writingrav
August 6th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Nippon Nibbage?,

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Pinkys.Brain
August 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Nippon Nibbage?,

As China will be included "Nippon Nibbage" does not fit that well..

KrazyIvan
August 6th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Eastern nibageisms.

dannzeman
August 7th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I like where this is going. Keep it up! In the mean time, I'll go ahead and create the forum and rename it later when we decide on something we like.

writingrav
August 7th, 2012, 08:06 AM
As China will be included "Nippon Nibbage" does not fit that well..

I still think that Chinese and Japanese pens do not belong in the same forum. Sailor vs Jinhao?

dannzeman
August 7th, 2012, 08:17 AM
The discussion for how the forums are arranged is always open. Lets keep this thread focused on coming up with a name for the new Asian pen forum. If you would like to start a general discussion about how the forum is laid out please start a new topic in Site Feedback (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/6-Site-Feedback).

writingrav
August 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM
The discussion for how the forums are arranged is always open. Lets keep this thread focused on coming up with a name for the new Asian pen forum. If you would like to start a general discussion about how the forum is laid out please start a new topic in Site Feedback (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/6-Site-Feedback).

Ok

FP_GaF
August 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I still think that Chinese and Japanese pens do not belong in the same forum. Sailor vs Jinhao?

Well, and why not? We are not organising a pen collection, we are grouping threads together. The quality of the pens discussed has no relation to the quality of the discussion. I find it interesting to see the highest and the lowest level (if you will, and in no way my opinion on the two pens mentioned by Ian) of products/craftsmanship next to each other. And some of us may be surprised by what will be unearthed when we set out to chart an entire continent for known and unknown pens and pen makers.

I like the idea of grouping fora by geographic regions very much.

Anyway, these are my two pennies worth of wisdom...

jor412
August 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Wouldn't Asian pens include Indian pens as well?

Edit: GAH! Posted w/o realizing I was already in the Asian pen forums. Sorry :p

Rich L
August 8th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Pens from the Far East or Far Eastern Pens

drgoretex
August 14th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Hmm. I kinda think the Japanese pens rate their own subforum as well. They do tend to stand alone in excellence, and have for a long time. To my mind, if we can have a subforum for the Italian pens, we could easily have a subforum for the Japanese ones.

My 2 cents' worth.

Ken

Dee8go
November 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Any fans of Sailor pens here? I am awaiting the delivery of one of their 1911 Demonstrators with a music nib on it today. I tried it at a pen show in Washington recently and loved it. I can't wait to start writing with it. Anybody else here have experience with these?

jtballistic
November 2nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Any fans of Sailor pens here? I am awaiting the delivery of one of their 1911 Demonstrators with a music nib on it today. I tried it at a pen show in Washington recently and loved it. I can't wait to start writing with it. Anybody else here have experience with these?

I am a huge fan of Sailor Fountain Pens.

I own a Sailor Imperial Black Professional Gear (Stealth Finished Matte Black with the Rhuthenium trim finish), Carbonfine in Burgundy Carbon Fibre, a Ivory Professional Gear and a full sized Realo 1911.

All were smooth out of the box (if a Pelikan is 7/10 for smoothness, these are a 9/10 - almost too smooth for my liking) and produce a nice wet flow (8/10). You will not be disappointed. I have converted a number of team members at my work, just buy letting them use my Professional Gear. I am still waiting for my Platinum Izumo and I am pretty excited to see if it writes as well as it looks.

grandmia
November 2nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hi Dan...How about Pens Of Nihon roughly translated as Pens Of The Rising Sun ?

Dee8go
November 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
My new Sailor 1911M Demonstrator arrived not long after my post yesterday. I got the one with the music nib and am having a blast getting used to it. It produces a very expressive line, great for flourishes and curlicues!

Pendora
February 8th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Im in LOVE with my new demonstrator (came yesterday) but I wish I had gotten the music nib. I was just authorized as a retailer for Sailor and received my first order, with all of my promo material which was like opening presents. Most everything is on backorder as the US distributor center doesnt seem to carry much on hand, which I am hoping wont be an issue. I got one demonstrator and I really love it compared to my other pen lines demonstrators.... wish I had chosen the music nib though. I really like the 1911 line all together. Im more impressed than I thought I would be, plus they gave me the most beautiful desktop material and an awesome photo binder of their product lines. I think I will be pushing Sailor as heavy as possible at the LA Pen show next week. Since I am just getting started with Sailor, keep me in mind if theres a pen you want (Sailor, Pelikan or Taccia). I'll order it in and price match any authorized sellers pricing. Im going to LOVE selling Sailor.

Michelle
www.PendoraPens.com

I am a huge fan of Sailor Fountain Pens.

I own a Sailor Imperial Black Professional Gear (Stealth Finished Matte Black with the Rhuthenium trim finish), Carbonfine in Burgundy Carbon Fibre, a Ivory Professional Gear and a full sized Realo 1911.

All were smooth out of the box (if a Pelikan is 7/10 for smoothness, these are a 9/10 - almost too smooth for my liking) and produce a nice wet flow (8/10). You will not be disappointed. I have converted a number of team members at my work, just buy letting them use my Professional Gear. I am still waiting for my Platinum Izumo and I am pretty excited to see if it writes as well as it looks.