PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Winnipeg

drgoretex
August 4th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hello, folks.

Just got wind of this forum, though I would swing by and enjoy the FP-related fun. I probably have met a few of you before at other pen-related websites.

I am a fan of fountain pens, and am fortunate enough to be able to use them every day at work. Along with a few of my own make, I use mostly Pelikans, Sailors, Parker Duofold Centennials, and a very nice Onoto Magna 261. most often I ink them with various iron-gall inks for their excellent permanence.

I am also a penmaker, making non-kit-based custom fountain pens, mostly in acrylic and ebonite, but also sometimes in polyresin or exotic woods.

See you around the forum!

Ken

Maja
August 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hi Ken! I grew up in Thompson, MB and I've been to Winnipeg several times (we used to drive down for Christmas shopping when I was a kid :D). Nice to have you on board! :cheers:

Bogon07
August 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Hi and welcome Drgoretex. Looking forward to seeing some of your pens.

writingrav
August 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Welcome. Tell us more about your pens.

drgoretex
August 4th, 2012, 08:09 PM
How about that! Coincidence - I was born in your current hometown (Vancouver). Will be back there to visit family later this month. Hope the weather treats you well there!

Thanks for the welcome!

Cheers

Ken

Okami
August 4th, 2012, 08:23 PM
:welcome: welcome aboard

Bogon07
August 4th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Wow those bamboo style pens on your site look very nice especially the one on page 12.
Nicwe work on the rods too.

Maja
August 4th, 2012, 09:54 PM
How about that! Coincidence - I was born in your current hometown (Vancouver). Will be back there to visit family later this month. Hope the weather treats you well there!

Thanks for the welcome!

Cheers

Ken
Hi Ken our next pen club meeting is on Thursday August 16th at Perks pen store in central Vancouver. Please feel free to drop in if you are in the area---no RSVPs necessary and we have no membership dues (we're super-casual ) :)
All info in this blog post: http://www.vancouverpenclub.com/2012/08/next-meeting-thursday-august-16-at-perks.html

goldiesdad
August 4th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Howdy Ken ...

brando090
August 4th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome!

KrazyIvan
August 4th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Hello Ken. I am one of your customers. You made me my blue El Grande semi custom pen. :D Welcome to the forum.

southpaw52
August 5th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

fountainpenkid
August 5th, 2012, 03:30 PM
welcome!

drgoretex
August 5th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, folks. Looking forward to hanging around and seeing some great pen chat.

Hi Ken our next pen club meeting is on Thursday August 16th at Perks pen store in central Vancouver. Please feel free to drop in if you are in the area---no RSVPs necessary and we have no membership dues (we're super-casual ) :)
All info in this blog post: http://www.vancouverpenclub.com/2012/08/next-meeting-thursday-august-16-at-perks.html

Thanks for the invite, Maja - I'm afraid I won't be out till the following week. How often do you meet - I will be out in November again as well.

Hello Ken. I am one of your customers. You made me my blue El Grande semi custom pen. :D Welcome to the forum.

I remember - hope your pen is doing well. I don't think I've made a semi-custom like that since last year, but I sure love that blue flake material. In the middle of making a commission out of that right now. Nice stuff.

Cheers,

Ken

Maja
August 6th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the invite, Maja - I'm afraid I won't be out till the following week. How often do you meet - I will be out in November again as well.

Hi again Ken, sorry you can't make it to the August meeting, but we do have meetings on the third Thursday of every month except December (no meetings that month). They are almost always held at the Perks store I mentioned, but we have one summer dinner at a restaurant. If you are in town on or around Thursday November 15th, please feel free to drop by (no need to RSVP and feel free to bring any pens for sale as well). Have a nice trip to our beautiful city in August! :D

drgoretex
August 6th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks, Maja - Will drop by if the timing works out.

Ken

Maja
August 7th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Thanks, Maja - Will drop by if the timing works out.

Ken
You're very welcome! In case we have to change the venue, please check our website for any last-minute changes...

KrazyIvan
August 7th, 2012, 10:11 AM
It is doing well. I need to look at your fully custom options now. I remember a few designs posted on FPN that caught my eye.