PDA

View Full Version : Dex Compact Fountain Blue fountain pen PIF!

top pen
January 1st, 2015, 08:14 AM
Another PIF as I’m trying to scale my group of pens back down to a more manageable size.

http://images.penshop.co.uk/images/KG1121744000-dex-by-kingsley-royal-blue-compact-soft-fountain-pen_pen.jpg
http://images.penshop.co.uk/images/KG1121744000-dex-by-kingsley-royal-blue-compact-soft-fountain-pen3.jpg

This pen is sold exclusively by “The Pen Shop” high street chain in the UK. This pens is a nice size and a good every day pen. It shows some minor signs of use however I have only used it a few times as I'm not a fan of the it has lamy Safari Esque grip section. In terms of performance it has a very smooth medium nib comparable to pens that cost significantly more which is made by bock.

I wrote a short reviewon FPN the pen a back in May if anyone is interested however here are the main features;
- Cartridge converter (note only smaller Chinese converters fit), eye dropper compatible
- Rubber Grip section
- Made in Germany
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267344-dex-compact-fountain-pen-review/

A Stipulation
• I would like this PIF to go to the end user this time and be not past on. Preferably someone who will make use of the pen.

Open worldwide
1. Free shipping to all.

How to enter, etc
• Post below with a few sentences about you and why you would like the pen.
• Open till the 10th of January 2015

top pen
January 2nd, 2015, 03:43 AM
Bump

:laser:

Neo
January 2nd, 2015, 05:57 AM
I have already received a Dex pen from a PIF and it writes nicely, but if no one else is interested then I would like to be considered.

phonelady61
January 2nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
please enter me as well such a nice pen . Im a newbie here and I just love the looks of this pen and I would love to keep it forever and ever . Im a vey nice person and I love animals and im an older lady so no foolish choices anymore thanks and if you need to know anymore just ask crazyorange she is a friend of mine . thank you so much

ac12
January 3rd, 2015, 08:52 PM
Please enter my name.
I would love to try the pen. I've never heard of a Dex pen before, and I love using "basic" level pens. I don't feel uncomfortable as when using an expensive pen, so I can write without the cloud of EXPENSIVE sitting over me.
I checked your review thread and I did not see anything about size and weight. I can't use FAT (much beyond 13mm body) or heavy (above 30 grams) pens. If it is, I will have to pass.

thanks.

Neo
January 3rd, 2015, 09:06 PM
I have already received a Dex pen from a PIF and it writes nicely, but if no one else is interested then I would like to be considered.

Withdrawn

top pen
January 6th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Bump

:laser::laser:

ARClemmons
January 6th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I too would like to be entered for this pen. Right now I have only two pens and both are demonstrators. I think this is a very pretty blue and would promise to keep it and put it to good use. I have a sample of a blue ink from Goulet Pens that I think would look nice in it. I just want to say thanks for doing this, it's nice for beginner FP users to have a chance at adding to their collection.

Mags
January 6th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I love that shade of blue and have never had a chance to try or use a Dex. I would love to try it out and would plan to use it as an eye dropper filled pen. Being a south paw I prefer steel nibs on my pens and I overgrip or grip too tight my pens so I am in search of a softer grip sections on my pens. I am a daily user of the fountainpen for notes in meetings and fill an A4 notebook every 5-8 weeks so do a lot of writing.

Could you enter me please for this PIF?

ejaycock
January 7th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Hello, I recently purchased a Black Lamy Safari and I absolutely love it. I would keep and use this pen as a daily writer and show it off at work(like I do with my Lamy). Thanks for consideration.

Dr Honeywell
January 7th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Although I have never heard of the DEX brand, that is one nice looking fountain pen. Please throw my name in the hat, I would love the opportunity to write with a Dex pen.

MopTop
January 7th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Hi!
Please add my name to your draw.
I read your review, sounds like a nice pen! I really like the style and was looking for an everyday pen to use at work.
Thank you for sharing!
:)

johnus
January 7th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Please sign me in. Thank you.

RayCornett
January 8th, 2015, 02:00 PM
please add me to the entrants list. This would make a nice addition to my EDC selection for my planner/journal.Thank you for offering this pen :)

Mags
January 11th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Good luck to all.

top pen
January 11th, 2015, 03:25 PM
I offered this PIF across both FPN and FPgeeks as initially I didn't get much interest. I put every entry into a spread sheet and using the order them came I assigned a number and used https://www.random.org/ to come up with the winner.

So the Winner is Ccnati on FPN.

see

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/281723-dex-compact-fountain-blue-fountain-pen-pif/

Mags
January 16th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Thanks for doing the draw Top Ten. I put a PIF out once with no interest so gave the pens away on Fountain Pen day.