Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Monteverde Artista Crystal Hand Written Review

  1. #1
    FPG Donor ♕ KrazyIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas-USA
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    1,380
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 878 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Monteverde Artista Crystal Hand Written Review

    First off, I want to apologize. I thought I had taken photos of the pen already and it turned out I did not. I am trying a different camera setup so I am not totally comfortable with it yet. I messed up the focus on the nib shot but I lost my light for today. I'll try again tomorrow. This also means that Darth will not be in the pictures. That is my office setup and this is my home setup. Darth is at the office and I won't be in the office until Tuesday.


    Artista Crystal1 by IvanRomero, on Flickr


    Artista Crystal2 by IvanRomero, on Flickr


    Artista Crystal3 by IvanRomero, on Flickr


    Monteverde Artista Crystal by IvanRomero, on Flickr


    Monteverde Artista Crystal by IvanRomero, on Flickr


    Monteverde Artista Crystal by IvanRomero, on Flickr


    Monteverde Artista Crystal by IvanRomero, on Flickr


    Monteverde Artista Crystal by IvanRomero, on Flickr


    Monteverde Artista Crystal by IvanRomero, on Flickr
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | inktronics blog | Twitter | Instagram

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KrazyIvan For This Useful Post:

    Inky Poops (February 20th, 2016), Marsilius (August 16th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (August 16th, 2015), Smithman (March 26th, 2016), Taidragon (November 15th, 2015)

  3. #2
    Senior Member writingrav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,189
    Thanks
    768
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 542 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Great review, KI. And the ink looks super too.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

    Dunno ergo sum

  4. #3
    FPG Donor ♕ KrazyIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas-USA
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    1,380
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 878 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Thank you writingrav.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | inktronics blog | Twitter | Instagram

  5. #4
    Member liapuyat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pasig, Philippines
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Good ink flow on the Artista is a plus. Slippery metal section would bother me, though. Thanks very much for the review!

  6. #5
    Junior Member BK_Starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Give it some time. My older MV dries out quickly. Not sure why exactly but I have heard the same complaint from others. Once you get it writing thought they are usually a dream to write with.
    Great review!

  7. #6
    Senior Member GourmetPens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Oohh.. I have been eyeing these for a few weeks now.. tempting! Again, love the handwritten review!!

  8. #7
    FPG Donor ♕ KrazyIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas-USA
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    1,380
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 878 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liapuyat View Post
    Good ink flow on the Artista is a plus. Slippery metal section would bother me, though. Thanks very much for the review!
    It is really going to depend on how you hold the pen. My fingers rest partly on the sections threads and it works out fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by BK_Starkey View Post
    Give it some time. My older MV dries out quickly. Not sure why exactly but I have heard the same complaint from others. Once you get it writing thought they are usually a dream to write with.
    Great review!
    I suspect it may be a pen hygiene issue. I flush my pens at each fill so I am not sure it will happen to me but I will report back if it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetPens View Post
    Oohh.. I have been eyeing these for a few weeks now.. tempting! Again, love the handwritten review!!
    Thank you!
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | inktronics blog | Twitter | Instagram

  9. #8
    goldiesdad
    Guest

    Default

    Great review ... now I want one ... love that ink ...

  10. #9
    FPG Donor ♕ KrazyIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas-USA
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    1,380
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 878 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Thank you. That Diamine Red Dragon is pretty good. I don't know how much of the smoothness to attribute to the ink or the nib. I am definitely going to get a bottle of Red Dragon.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | inktronics blog | Twitter | Instagram

  11. #10
    jor412
    Guest

    Default

    Thanks for the review. I was given this pen by a former student. It's beautiful and I like the attention to detail that you mention. The writing is smooth and decently wet. Unfortunately, I can't seem to hold the pen right. I've attempted to use it more than three times now but I guess the balance doesn't quite work for me.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Bogon07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Terra Australis
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    4,859
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 808 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    KI, usual great review. The picture of the ink in the feed section is great. I wouldn't mind a photo of the pen uncapped showing the metal grip in more detail. The red ink looks nice with the transparent plastic and chrome.

    The ink and paper appear to go well together too. A couple of pages of a red ink that is easy on the eye too.

    Maybe its time for Darth to think about cloning himself.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Excellent review. The pen is beautiful, and I really like the ink - I've been looking into getting a nice red ink Red Dragon is now on the list.

  14. #13
    FPG Donor ♕ KrazyIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas-USA
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    1,380
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 878 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jor412 View Post
    Thanks for the review. I was given this pen by a former student. It's beautiful and I like the attention to detail that you mention. The writing is smooth and decently wet. Unfortunately, I can't seem to hold the pen right. I've attempted to use it more than three times now but I guess the balance doesn't quite work for me.
    Is that posted or unposted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    KI, usual great review. The picture of the ink in the feed section is great. I wouldn't mind a photo of the pen uncapped showing the metal grip in more detail. The red ink looks nice with the transparent plastic and chrome.

    The ink and paper appear to go well together too. A couple of pages of a red ink that is easy on the eye too.

    Maybe its time for Darth to think about cloning himself.
    Thanks Bogon. The feed is what drew me to the pen. SBREBrown mentioned it in his review and I had to have a closer look! I have flushed the pen. I went through that Diamine Red Dragon quick but I need to take that grip section photo.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddustinn View Post
    Excellent review. The pen is beautiful, and I really like the ink - I've been looking into getting a nice red ink Red Dragon is now on the list.
    Thank you. Red Dragon is my first red ink and I am pleased.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | inktronics blog | Twitter | Instagram

  15. #14
    jor412
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    Is that posted or unposted?
    Unfortunately, whether I post it or not, I'm unable to hold it properly. Posted it feels heavier. I think my problem is the shape and the slippery polish of the section. I do want to find a way to hold it because it's a beautiful pen and writes quite decently.

  16. #15
    Junior Member wiz9777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Scranton PA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As cool as the clear feed is... It only comes in medium. Not that I couldn't use another medium, I would love to see a bit more variety. Maybe even the 1.1 stub that they have.

    Having said that... After reading your review and re-watching SBREBrown's video I almost ordered it on the spot. Your writing sample looks great, and the red ink looks killer in your pics. It's just the nib....

  17. #16
    FPG Donor ♕ KrazyIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas-USA
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    1,380
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 878 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz9777 View Post
    As cool as the clear feed is... It only comes in medium. Not that I couldn't use another medium, I would love to see a bit more variety. Maybe even the 1.1 stub that they have.

    Having said that... After reading your review and re-watching SBREBrown's video I almost ordered it on the spot. Your writing sample looks great, and the red ink looks killer in your pics. It's just the nib....
    I agree that this pen needs more nib choices. A 1.1 would be the ultimate combo for this pen. My 1.1 in my Invincia Stealth is just amazing. I am surprised at how wet it writes even with a cartridge.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | inktronics blog | Twitter | Instagram

  18. #17
    FPG Donor ♕ KrazyIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas-USA
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    1,380
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 878 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jor412 View Post
    Unfortunately, whether I post it or not, I'm unable to hold it properly. Posted it feels heavier. I think my problem is the shape and the slippery polish of the section. I do want to find a way to hold it because it's a beautiful pen and writes quite decently.
    It would be a shame if you could not use the pen. Have you thought about possibly de-glossing the section like I did with my Pilot 78G.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | inktronics blog | Twitter | Instagram

  19. #18
    Senior Member fountainpenkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nouvelle Angleterre
    Posts
    3,289
    Thanks
    2,659
    Thanked 851 Times in 432 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    What an ink! Nice pen too. Sad that its a c/c/
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

  20. #19
    FPG Donor ♕ KrazyIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas-USA
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    1,380
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 878 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Oh well, people like me that are ink ADD appreciate a pen that can switch inks often.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | inktronics blog | Twitter | Instagram

  21. #20
    jor412
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    It would be a shame if you could not use the pen. Have you thought about possibly de-glossing the section like I did with my Pilot 78G.
    That's a great idea. Thanks I'll try practicing with a disposable pen first to see how to work the paper right. Will post again when I've actually gotten it done.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •