Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paris murders: Europe has been betrayed by a generation of profiteers and hypocrites.

Thanks

Default Re: Paris murders: Europe has been betrayed by a generation of profiteers and hypocri

Willie, I meant that perhaps some extremists may see the wealth of this country and feel that it is not deserved as they are Allah's believers and this is (at least in name) a secular state.

I am trying to believe in the inherent goodness of human nature and also that those who mean to do harm are in the minority. I've had the privilege of working in a culturally diverse environment, and have seen firsthand that not all immigrants, or even all Muslims come here with the goal of causing havoc. I ask you to reconsider and not paint all would be immigrants with a broad brush. If not to admit an Einstein, how about to offer an escape to those persecuted in their home country?

I do agree that the borders need to be better controlled, just not closed off. We are no longer at a place in history where the Pacific and Atlantic oceans are sufficient protection. Indeed, since this at its center an issue of belief, wouldn't it be to our advantage to be an asylum for those that need it for political or economic reasons? This would be better protection than any barriers we could possibly build.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Default Re: Paris murders: Europe has been betrayed by a generation of profiteers and hypocri

My observations suggest that Islam introduces a sort of PTSD through its teaching methods, and perhaps its content. It seems to leave people ill prepared for the nuances of civilization. It seems to place stresses on places it moves to and at the same time stifles discussion. What I have found most profoundly odd is that governments behave as if Islam is something special, and that its laws and strictures are more than mere superstitions. They take Islamic offence seriously, punish critics and allow it to be taught in schools. All over the western world a Leninistic Political Correctness model ensures that anyone who speaks true will be attacked on all sides. This is manifestly against the best interests of people who wish to continue building a civilization. It only took a small number of politicians to pass into law, seemingly harmless words, that opened up the floodgates, while they looked forward to huge rewards from the middle east. When multiculturalism was sold to us, they told us all people were equal and all capable of participating in the civilization experiment. Then they shipped untold number of broken people from broken cultures. The benefits of this experiment are increases in security costs and inconvenience, plus we have to pretend to believe falsehoods, just to avoid aggravation.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Once again....I'm no expert no the topic....but I was shocked to hear many french schools with Muslim students refused to take a moment of silence to honor the people killed. Just disgusting. How can a religion ignore how wrong it is to kill people, just because they don't believe what you believe? Why come to a country where freedom of speech is the norm?

There's been much debate in NYC about a Muslim temple being built close to World Trade Center museum. Now I have a better understanding why people were upset.

Muslims will never have a world they dream about. Many of us will never let go of our right to say what we want. The internet can't be censored. Technology is on our side.

Thanks

It is telling that Islam protestors demand that France apologize for making themselves a victim of this attack. Some of the photos in this article are worth a look:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-massacre.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 14th, 2015)

Thanks

If these Muslims hate democracy...why did they move to France? I'm not asking to be sarcastic. Why immigrate?

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas
    Thanks

I absolutely respect Neo's desire to believe in the inherent goodness in mankind. His inherent goodness shines through. For me though, when I consider the actions of radical Muslims, all I see is total depravity and evil beyond measure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    If these Muslims hate democracy...why did they move to France? I'm not asking to be sarcastic. Why immigrate?
    There is an answer in this article: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/26...uslims-go-home

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Crazyorange;110428]If these Muslims hate democracy...why did they move to France? I'm not asking to be sarcastic. Why immigrate?[/QUOT
    My thought is that they see France's (Maybe Spain, England and the U.S too) leadership as weak and willing to acquiesce to their demands for Sharia law and Sharia courts. They will take whatever the West is willing to give them, in an effort to avoid conflict, ... until we are completely overrun and dominated my them.

Thanks

Basically the want to take over the world. And because for the most part they are blue collar workers they do not understand the paperwork an empire generates even when the needs of the slave and untouchable classes are completely ignored.

As I once heard a comedian say
    72 Virgins why would I want to teach 72 women how have sex for eternity
    Tom
    @silverbreeze
    ---
    Forgive any ignorance on my part.
    Any stupidity is my brain not being malleable enough to understand
    ===
    Open to anyone writing me. Will do my best to reply quickly
    ====
    Tomasz S Suchecki
    77 Meadowpark Ave North
    Stamford CT 06905-2221
    United States of America

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    There is an answer in this article: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/26...uslims-go-home
    Ok....that's humbling. I've always felt terrorists will stop at nothing.....and they will. I hate this nonsense people create around religion...."my god is better than your God". It's just another religion that controls and suppresses people, rather than lifting people up and having them connect with the good of humanity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    Ok....that's humbling. I've always felt terrorists will stop at nothing.....and they will. I hate this nonsense people create around religion...."my god is better than your God". It's just another religion that controls and suppresses people, rather than lifting people up and having them connect with the good of humanity.
    Religions, especially this one, seem to place stumbling blocks in people's minds. These appear to prevent people from reaching their fullest expression of the human form and capability.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 15th, 2015)

Thanks

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : '70s Pilot Elite pocket pen review

Thanks

There have been attacks by extremists of religions other than Islam. Perhaps my experience is not representative, but for the most part, most Muslims that I know personally are like the rest of us. All they want is a good job that allows them to provide for their families and give their children a fair chance of a good future.
    Extremism in any form is undesirable and like the old saying, it's a lot harder to hate a person than a whole group. Perhaps the answer is more contact with others of a different background to see that on some level, most people have are very similar in their goals.
    However, you'll get no argument from me that those that just want to harm others or force them to live in a manner inconsistent with their beliefs should not be admitted to the US.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 17th, 2015), Willieboy (January 16th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    There have been attacks by extremists of religions other than Islam. Perhaps my experience is not representative, but for the most part, most Muslims that I know personally are like the rest of us. All they want is a good job that allows them to provide for their families and give their children a fair chance of a good future.
    Extremism in any form is undesirable and like the old saying, it's a lot harder to hate a person than a whole group. Perhaps the answer is more contact with others of a different background to see that on some level, most people have are very similar in their goals.
    However, you'll get no argument from me that those that just want to harm others or force them to live in a manner inconsistent with their beliefs should not be admitted to the US.
    Our attitudes and feelings are naturally coloured by our upbringing, life experiences and travel. People who have remained close to home, see and understand as such, and may even derive the totality of their opinion from self selected sources. One thing I have observed is that people mix with others who agree with them and read sources that support their forgone conclusions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    ...This was an Islamic atrocity committed in Europe by Muslims in the name of Islam. That more Islamic atrocities will be committed in Europe by Muslims in the name of Islam I am certain.
    Since Jan '15 when I wrote the above, hasn't it been hard to keep track? You'd need some sort of live update app.
    Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : '70s Pilot Elite pocket pen review