Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goulet Pens - Very Good

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas
    Thanks

Default Goulet Pens - Very Good

I just placed another order with Goulet Pens. This company's service is really top notch. I think their business model is something to behold. They produce informative Youtube videos that generates interest in their products. The videos are presented by a handsome. articulate and knowledgeable young man. Their product offerings are sufficiently broad, although I wish they carried Sailors. And, they deliver propmptly, a big one for me. What could be finer.

Thanks

Default Re: Goulet Pens - Very Good

And they pack their boxes extremely well. And give you a lollipop and a bookmark. And a personal note.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gbryal For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (January 11th, 2015)

Thanks

I have been buying from the Goulets since they opened and was a charter member of the Ink Drop program. They have customer service figured out...if I were younger, I'd want to work there

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

I like Goulet's service too. Mind you it took a month from December 3rd, for my December InkDrop to arrive, but most of that time was spent by USPS sending it to several states and back for 23 days

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I like Goulet's service too. Mind you it took a month from December 3rd, for my December InkDrop to arrive, but most of that time was spent by USPS sending it to several states and back for 23 days
    That's crazy, Chrissy! Why did they do that?

One of my packages went from Virginia to Colorado and then back south to Louisiana. It was ink, so I am thinking there was someone somewhere worried about liquids.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

Man Chrissy, I can sympathize. The USPS couldn't find its own butt with a flashlight, mirror and anatomy chart. I can't tell you how many packages they have lost in the last couple months. Regular mail, first class mail, priority mail, it doesn't matter. They lose them all with equal aplomb. And that tracking system? Don't get me started. Yet another American institution that has utterly fallen apart.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    That's crazy, Chrissy! Why did they do that?

One of my packages went from Virginia to Colorado and then back south to Louisiana. It was ink, so I am thinking there was someone somewhere worried about liquids.
    I wish I knew. I checked out the tracking history. It left Ashland VA 3rd, arrived at Sandston VA 4th, left Sandston VA 4th, then arrived in Capitol Heights MD on 16th. Why it went there I don't know. It left C.H MD on 17th and arrived back in Sandston VA on 19th, then it left Sandston VA again and went to Chicago. It was stated as arrived at Chicago on 23rd. I received it last week in the UK. So it was actually quicker travelling from Chicago to England, than it took to get it to Chicago from VA.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 1,745 Posts

Happened to me, but with UPs. I think it may be due to hiring temps who don't know the routines for the holidays.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

I may have an explanation for one of my failed deliveries. I spoke with Customer Service at the USPS this morning. Here's the story:

I paid for priority mailing of my parcel. The retailed charged me $5.75 for priority mail delivery. The invoice provided by the retailer says: "Priority Mail - Flat Rate Envelope." When I spoke with the USPS, they said the mail service purchased by the retailer was First Class Mail and the retailer paid $2.50 to the USPS. Ain't life grand?

I have written to the retailer asking for truth. I have also called them. No answer to my phone call and no response to either my phone message or my email. Maybe they took the day off.
    Last edited by Willieboy; January 9th, 2015 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks

I wish I knew. I checked out the tracking history. It left Ashland VA 3rd, arrived at Sandston VA 4th, left Sandston VA 4th, then arrived in Capitol Heights MD on 16th. Why it went there I don't know. It left C.H MD on 17th and arrived back in Sandston VA on 19th, then it left Sandston VA again and went to Chicago. It was stated as arrived at Chicago on 23rd. I received it last week in the UK. So it was actually quicker travelling from Chicago to England, than it took to get it to Chicago from VA.
    Especially around the holidays with many temps working mistakes are made reading the labels. Perhaps it was assumed to be a domestic destination before someone found out? I recall, years ago, seeing a screenshot of tracking done on a UPS package that was sent from Atlanta, Georgia, to Willemstad, Curaçao (for those not in the know: the Dutch Antilles, in the Caribbean). It got sent three times to France (apparently a major UPS hub) routed for Willemstad, the Netherlands, where it promptly was sent back to the USA before they finally figured it out.

USPS tracking has greatly improved though; nowadays I usually get "life tracking" (the way UPS and Fedex do it) with a good amount of accuracy, where in the past I'd have the package in my hand and get a message from USPS telling me "we have received the routing slip and are waiting for the package to be submitted to the post office"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bart Willems For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 10th, 2015)

Thanks

I am a GouletPens.com fanboy, there I said it and I have the ink stained fingers to prove it!

The one time that I had an issue with a Lamy nib that actually did not have two tines! I contacted customer service and sent some photos and they immediately sent out a replacement nib and some ink samples. Stand up company that cares about what they do and invest in the people they have touching each one of their customers. That last part really reads "all of their people."

Fountain Pen Day - November 6th, 2015
    Broken Arrow, OK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    I may have an explanation for one of my failed deliveries. I spoke with Customer Service at the USPS this morning. Here's the story:

I paid for priority mailing of my parcel. The retailed charged me $5.75 for priority mail delivery. The invoice provided by the retailer says: "Priority Mail - Flat Rate Envelope." When I spoke with the USPS, they said the mail service purchased by the retailer was First Class Mail and the retailer paid $2.50 to the USPS. Ain't life grand?

I have written to the retailer asking for truth. I have also called them. No answer to my phone call and no response to either my phone message or my email. Maybe they took the day off.

Was the retailers GPC?
    Last edited by Neo; January 10th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Mr. Reader (March 19th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Willems View Post

Especially around the holidays with many temps working mistakes are made reading the labels. Perhaps it was assumed to be a domestic destination before someone found out?
    Thanks. That could explain it.

Thanks

A company I worked for once sent a container to St. Petersburg, Florida instead of St. Petersburg, Russia. That took nearly a million dollars to rectify. Silly little mistakes

Thanks

A company I worked for once sent a container to St. Petersburg, Florida instead of St. Petersburg, Russia. That took nearly a million dollars to rectify. Silly little mistakes

Thanks

A clause in the contract stipulating hefty fines for late deliveries (I think it was medical goods. Perhaps blood). But with one calendar day left the only option was airlifting. Have you ever bought a ticket at the airport counter? Now imagine doing that with fifteen metric tons... Still cheaper than paying the fine.

If the US Postal Service was confronted with those kind of clauses they wouldn't make mistakes. Of course, it would also be a tiny bit more expensive.

Thanks

A clause in the contract stipulating hefty fines for late deliveries (I think it was medical goods. Perhaps blood). But with one calendar day left the only option was airlifting. Have you ever bought a ticket at the airport counter? Now imagine doing that with fifteen metric tons... Still cheaper than paying the fine.

If the US Postal Service was confronted with those kind of clauses they wouldn't make mistakes. Of course, it would also be a tiny bit more expensive.

The worker's union may have an issue with the tighter standards.....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

+1 to Goulet pens, any time I've had an issue they've more than taken care of it. Normally with very few questions asked.

Thanks

Another +1 for GouletPens.com. I'm just getting into the fountain pen realm and their videos are just outstanding. Prices are competitive, the website is informative, and shipping is excellent. I've yet to have a problem, other than the candy seems to be shrinking, or someone took a few licks from my last one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bjones9942 View Post
    Another +1 for GouletPens.com. I'm just getting into the fountain pen realm and their videos are just outstanding. Prices are competitive, the website is informative, and shipping is excellent. I've yet to have a problem, other than the candy seems to be shrinking, or someone took a few licks from my last one!
    Hmm, mm, maybe someone is hungry as my candy wasn't there at all....

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: