Thread: The Semi-Stealth Glenmont LE

Junior Member The Ruffled Quill's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Semi-Stealth Glenmont LE

Fellow Geeks,

I was lucky enough to snag one of the Limited Edition Glenmont "Semi-Stealth" from Brian Grey and the good folks at Edison Pens. I love the look and feel of the pen, it is very comfortable to write with the dark trim and nib are cool.....Now you just knew there was a BUT a coming! But the nib is a medium, some may love them, lucky you, but I am a broad / stub nib person. When I saw the pe,n lust overrode my brain, saying it would be al-right you would learn to love the sexy dark medium nib....but alas despite trying I found myself avoiding the medium nib....no good that, as the pen is a real looker. While walking the dog I had a thought....I love the Monteverde 1.1mm stub nib it is really a winner and thoughts went to the black 1.1mm stub nib that they sell...could I....dare I....hmmm lets go home and try a test. I had a spare Monteverde nib and I had a spare Edison nib unit.....Ah a Nib unit how is that going to work....disheartened I left the room and kick the garden and walked the dog.....but surely you must be able to take the nib unit apart, like they must be able to take the nib out? right? Hmmm back to the table and out with the sections pliers .....sweat on brow and tension in hands but after a few seconds carefully twisting and pulling the nib and feed came out...result! I took out my Black Monteverde black 1.1mm stub and compared the size to the Edison nib; low and behold but they were very similar in size...breathing quicken and pulse raced....I placed the Monteverde Balck nib on the Edison feed and carefully pushed them into the unit, they fitted perfectly....I then screwed the unit into the LE Glenmont and wow it looked great - it was now a stealth pen (with a stub nib)!! But would it write....Off to the ink cellar and noodlers black shouted its name and I filled the pen with the dark matter and off to the desk for some paper ....nervous moments ...I uncapped the dark knight and put pen to paper , but nothing, no ink, dry mouthed I tapped the pen and reapplied the pen to paper and Oh what a beautiful sight ....shaded writing from my LE Glenmont. Sigh of relief. It worked and works and now is my go to pen...I love love love it...So just in case any one else out there is interested...It can be done and easily.

Yours darkily

The Ruffled Quill

Thanks

Hooray! That sounds awesome. Pics or it didn't happen!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Eureka! Well done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

I find your lack of photographs disturbing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

but really, a Invincia Stealth nib in that pen has to look awesome and deserves a rep power up.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Junior Member The Ruffled Quill's Avatar
    Thanks

I find my lack of camera even more disturbing given it was in its safe spot just before teenage daughters went on a road trip!!!!! I'll work on the pics but can't promise quality shots

The very ruffled Quill