Thread: Singing the praises of Apica notebooks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Default Singing the praises of Apica notebooks

I recently had a conundrum involving choosing fountain pens for being away from home for an extended period of time. Well, I have started that extended period I ended up narrowing my choice down to two. Both being Sheaffer Snorkels. The Clipper with an X4 nib and Noodler's Black eel, as well as the Statesman with an F nib and Diamine Rustic Brown.
    I was instructed, by the teacher I am apprenticing with, to bring a notebook and I chose to finally put one of the 3 Apica CD 15 notebooks I was gifted a while back.
    I am not a fan of lined notebooks/journals but in this case the lines come in handy as I often have to write in cramped spots in a jewelers workshop. I have been more than impressed with this notebook. Even with an X4 nib this paper has come off as very smooth and a pure pleasure to write on and I love the sound of such a fine nib on nice paper. It handles normal speed writing, fast writing, my style of mixing print with cursive at random, with ease. No feathering. No complaints at all. But I do recommend having a sheet of blotter paper tucked into the notebook for use if you have to close the notebook quickly soon after writing. Noodler's Black Eel being a lubricated wet ink will transfer to the page across from it if closed to soon. I have yet to try my Statesman with Diamine Rustic Brown with the notebook but will probably do so tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RayCornett For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (April 23rd, 2017), akapulko2020 (December 11th, 2016), cwent2 (January 8th, 2015), earthdawn (January 9th, 2015), jde (January 15th, 2015), Jeph (January 13th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (July 26th, 2016), Mr. Reader (December 29th, 2015), naimitsu (March 2nd, 2015)