Thread: Example for oldstoat

Thanks

Default Example for oldstoat

For oldstoat, A lens that can take both of these shots, rather that switching between lenses.

Phil..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Default Re: Example for oldstoat

The new toy I presume? I'll have to get one. Is it huge?

Cob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cob View Post
    The new toy I presume? I'll have to get one. Is it huge?

Cob
    Hi Paul, no this is not the Microscope attachment. (That's about 3 inches long) This is my Cannon Rebel with 18-55 lens.... The second one of the nib is the same but with an Extension tube on for close ups.

http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Canon...extension+tube

I wanted to see if I could find a lens that would let me take both shots without changing lenses. I used to have a lens that I could press a button and it would switch to Macro mode and let me take closeups without swapping lenses.

Out of interest this top shot is taken in a cardboard box with white paper attached around it, and then a butter dish covered in grease proof paper for the pen to sit on. My biggest problem is my cats think all boxes are for them to sleep in. So quite a few times I go to get my white box and there are one or two cats looking back at me, and you know how cat hairs and photographs go together. :-(

The camera has a wireless SD card in it from Eye-Fi that sends the pics back to my PC. That's a useful feature.

I was remembering in the old days, do you remember we used Vaseline spread around the lens to create soft spots....Then filters came along...:-)

So, yes nothing special here, I just want to find one versatile lens so I don't have to keep switching out or carrying lenses around with me. oldstoat is trying to help me in finding a lens.

Thanks

Those are pretty good photographs given that photographing black shiny cylinders without getting highlights flaring up. I think you've done a very good job there ( and never a cat hair in sight!).
    If you're looking for an all-in-one, do-everything lens, you might consider the Sigma 18-200 Macro. It's light inexpensive and therefore the aperture is small but with a tripod and long exposures that won't matter at all. You'll still be able to use it for general photography as well.
    Some days, it's hardly worth chewing through the leather straps....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldstoat View Post
    Those are pretty good photographs given that photographing black shiny cylinders without getting highlights flaring up. I think you've done a very good job there ( and never a cat hair in sight!).
    If you're looking for an all-in-one, do-everything lens, you might consider the Sigma 18-200 Macro. It's light inexpensive and therefore the aperture is small but with a tripod and long exposures that won't matter at all. You'll still be able to use it for general photography as well.
    Great advice, thank you.... also regarding the highlights, I never thought of that, but it's quite important thinking about it, if I want the pic to be 100%.

The lens sounds like a good solution for me, thank you ..... Once I get one I will take a few shots and send them on..... All I have to decide now is One lens = 2 nice pens. ..... That's not an easy decision to make :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Cool Re: Example for oldstoat

Quote Originally Posted by ainterne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldstoat View Post
    Great advice, thank you.... also regarding the highlights, I never thought of that, but it's quite important thinking about it, if I want the pic to be 100%.

The lens sounds like a good solution for me, thank you ..... Once I get one I will take a few shots and send them on..... All I have to decide now is One lens = 2 nice pens. ..... That's not an easy decision to make :-)
    THREE nice pens from me of course ha ha...

Cob

Thanks

I have used it back a few years.although it spread little bit more ink than regular ones.but the writing and grip is too good.
    Get Quality graphic design printing services from professionals.