Thread: Posting Comments to Main Page

Thanks

Default Posting Comments to Main Page

Hello. I am a member of FPG, at least in my own mind. I log in and from time to time post messages to the forum. I'd like to think FPG knows me by now.

I've just tried to post a comment to the main board. I had logged in here, and thought I was logged in. Evidently not: the log-in software on the main board wanted me to log in with associations to the social Web that I do not have and do not want to have. (My IT nephew, involved since the dawn of personal computing and before that with mainframes, doesn't use the social Web, either.)

Can I as a member of FPG post comments on the main page? If not, all right, but there may be a way to do it that I don't know.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,363 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Posting Comments to Main Page

Well as you managed to post this, you were logged in. I always thought the 'main page' listed all of the different forums, any one of which you could choose to post to, depending on the subject you want to post about.

What do you consider to be the main page that you can't post to?

Thanks

The chat box goes dormant after a certain amount of time. Look to see if the button to the left is green. If it is, you can type. If not you need to refresh the page first. You (almost) get used to it after a while.

Thanks

The page I can't post to isn't this one. As has been noted, I have posted to this page. It is the page whose link is FPG Home, to be seen at the bottom of my screen. It contains postings about new fountain pens by Dan Smith and possibly others. Awesome stuff, it says there, unlike the jejune stuff we read here.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Tarshis View Post
    The page I can't post to isn't this one. As has been noted, I have posted to this page. It is the page whose link is FPG Home, to be seen at the bottom of my screen. It contains postings about new fountain pens by Dan Smith and possibly others. Awesome stuff, it says there, unlike the jejune stuff we read here.
    Thats the Blog and articles Dan Smith friends around the web. There is no posting in there except as a comment on an article or blog post itself on an individual basis.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Can I as a member of FPG post comments on the main page? If not, all right, but there may be a way to do it that I don't know.
    It says Disqus, Facebook, Google, or Twitter. The main page and forums are based on different software. They are not one integrated system that would share logins. I'm sure you don't want a Facebook or Twitter account, and maybe you don't want any Google account you might have mixed up in this sort of thing. My suggestion would be to sign up with Disqus and supply the absolute minimum of personal information it requires. This will enable you to comment on a wide variety of posts online if you want to, not just fpgeeks.
    --
    Mike

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (January 17th, 2015)

Thanks

Thanks to Mike Hosea for the suggestion of how to comment with minimal involvement. The other suggestion that comes to me, from inside, is that maybe there are more satisfying ways for me to engage in prose composition than posting to the Web. And more satisfying ways to read than reading online material. Those are ideas worth considering.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

The other suggestion that comes to me, from inside, is that maybe there are more satisfying ways for me to engage in prose composition than posting to the Web. And more satisfying ways to read than reading online material. Those are ideas worth considering.
    If you don't like broccoli, don't eat it. Nobody but you is in position to say what activities will be "satisfying" for you. I rather like posting on forums because once in awhile I get to actually help somebody (and to split infinitives at will). One of the reasons I left academia and took my mathematical skills to industry was because I wasn't very convinced by the argument that adding to the mounds of published mathematical papers was something bonum per se, whereas in industry I know for a fact that what I do helps people to do whatever it is that they are trying to do. Now whether that is worth doing, I don't know.
    Last edited by mhosea; January 17th, 2015 at 04:53 PM.
    --
    Mike

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

dr.grace (March 18th, 2015), Holsworth (March 18th, 2015), Tracy Lee (January 18th, 2015), Xina (March 18th, 2015)

Thanks

Is it true they're sold out?
    our site are provide all brands in mobile phone allmobilespec.com but the latest mobile iphone 6 are recently lanuch
    are more detail vist us iphone 6 Blogspots

Thanks

By following these tips, you can be confident that you are choosing the right car seat for your child. Remember to always double check the car seat's manufacturer's instructions, as well as your car's compatibility with the car seat, to ensure that your child is safe and secure. https://carseatguides.com/best-car-seat-cushion/