Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pen storage at Costco

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Pen storage at Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    Wouldn't you have to be a member, though?
    I guess I figured since Matt was wishing there was one in OK, he might be a member? Though that doesn't really pan out, does it? Nevermind...

I know. I should just move to France, right? I am a pitiful excuse for an American.
    Naw, we like you right were you are. Oh, I'm certain you have issues, but I'd never make you move to France! And besides, Costco has hockey cakes, for crying out loud!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Laura N (May 23rd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

I'm with Laura. I hate Costco. It's the worse shopping experience on this planet. Plus as I single person I don't need 50 pounds of bananas or 10 boxes of Kleenex.

My mom on the other hand LOVES Costco. She goes every week to putz around and buy her odds and ends. She was kind enough to get the box for me. Moms are the best

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Laura N (May 23rd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Okay, a hockey cake????

That does make me rethink things.

Otherwise, Vive la France. "Aux armes, citoyens!"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (May 30th, 2015), Crazyorange (May 24th, 2015)

Thanks

Ok, my Costco case arrived yesterday, and I unpacked it last night. It is MUCH better quality than the Harbor Freight knock-offs, very much worth the minimal $40.00 price tag. I'm considering a second, only because a posting somewhere else brought up the comment that they bought one last year at Costco for $90.00, have watched the price drop, and the local Costco person said that they thought they were blowing them out to discontinue them. I can't corroborate, but I'm glad I got this one.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Feathers (June 7th, 2015)

Thanks

Glad you like it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (May 30th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 1,644 Posts

This looks super. The only drawback is having my pens all in one place where my husband can get a head count.....
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (May 30th, 2015), Crazyorange (May 30th, 2015), jadehawk (June 4th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (May 30th, 2015)

Thanks

It's got a place for a padlock...lock it up. "Keep things safe" type of excuse.

Thanks

For those of you who purchased a case (or intend to) and haven't ordered pen trays or made any, a couple of FPNers, in their dedicated thread, came up with a nice solution. Heavy card stock, scored and folded, accordion-bellow-style. First case was 3/4", but the following user (Fabienne) went with 1/2" slots and it is a better use of space. Seems like a pretty elegant solution:

~ Benjamin Franklin

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (June 7th, 2015), da vinci (June 7th, 2015), Neo (June 6th, 2015)

Thanks

You can go a little fancier than that too, if you want. Most art supply stores sell what's called "flocked paper". It has a fuzzy surface like what you find in commercial pen trays, and comes in a variety of colors. I used it to make the liner for these cigar box storage trays. (As always, pardon my photos. My phone doesn't have a great camera.)

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elaineb For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (June 7th, 2015), Feathers (June 7th, 2015), Jon Szanto (June 7th, 2015)

Thanks

I don't *always* cheap out on things, but I kept going over in my mind the layout of the drawers and how to maximize any of the pen trays I would purchase. As in the posts above, using card stock, folded, to line the drawers seemed like a good trial balloon. Experimented a bit, settled on 1/2" folds, got some nice light gray card stock from a local art store (couldn't find any flocked stuff at this store, maybe later) and - bing! - was done in a little while. Here's a shot of one of the large drawers to give an idea. Also illustrates how I need to find just 5 more Moores (one is in restoration queue) to fill out the row:

~ Benjamin Franklin

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (June 13th, 2015), dr.grace (June 13th, 2015), elaineb (June 13th, 2015), Laura N (June 13th, 2015), MY63 (June 14th, 2015), Neo (June 13th, 2015)