Thread: 1940s post-war Celluloid Sheaffer. Happy Davey, with a shout-out to Greg Minuskin.

Thanks

Default 1940s post-war Celluloid Sheaffer. Happy Davey, with a shout-out to Greg Minuskin.

Greg does some very nice nib work for me, and I am glad on occasion to help him with pen model/variant identification. So, when he described a recent find, I asked him to sell it to me, which he did. That's leads to the happy David thing.

I have three or four of these. I don't mind getting more. I doubt ten have popped up publicly or among some major collections polled since our hobby relatively recently became these in fact exist. I bought my first from Alan Kaufman years ago, as we discussed that the set in play was a bit unusual.

Perhaps one of the great cacheities (neologism alert!) among 1940s Sheaffers.

Post-WWII. Largest size. Golden Brown Celluloid.

Kudos if you know what makes it... interesting.

regards

david
    Last edited by david i; January 24th, 2015 at 02:10 PM.
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

mrcharlie (January 25th, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: 1940s post-war Celluloid Sheaffer. Happy Davey, with a shout-out to Greg Minuskin

Also came in the wide band Triumph in this configuration, which you also have if my memory serves me correctly !! First pic I've seen of one.

Regards
    Hugh

Thanks

Default Re: 1940s post-war Celluloid Sheaffer. Happy Davey, with a shout-out to Greg Minuskin

I don't know what makes it interesting to collectors, but I like it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharlie View Post
    I don't know what makes it interesting to collectors, but I like it.
    Pens from this era in Autograph form (solid gold clip and cap-band) are well-known, but are found in overwhelming majority in black. Brown-stripe pens (this one is fully marked with the 2000 for $20 Autograph price) are very scarce.

regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy