Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graham Lonn

Thanks

Default Graham Lunn

I am asking for help from this community. The individual named above has spent many years trying to access through on line means information about me. No, I don't know why. Yes I have told him repeatedly that his attention is unwelcome, creepy and frightening to me. Despite this, he persists.

He tries using a variety of means including Linkedin, 192.com and 'the other pen site.' Yes, I have documented proof of this. Even though I have not been a member of 'the other place' for many years, my old profile remains and his visits to it are still recorded there, fueling his obsession. His latest access to the long dead profile was on March 10th 2015. I will see if I can attach a screen shot for anyone who wants proof.

Nearly two years ago when despite my efforts to encourage him to go away, he was all over my Linkedin profile, I wrote a letter to his wife, detailing his behaviour and asking her to take matters 'in hand.' The poor woman rang me. The first words out of her mouth were 'I'm sorry he's done this to you. Please do not go to the police because he will get fired from his job.' At the end of this 40 minute conversation, I agreed to leave it with her to deal with. It didn't work. He's back. On discovering this, I sobbed for an hour and then I contacted the police.

The next thing I did was to contact Wim at 'the other place.' He has been incredibly helpful for which I am very grateful. Having handed this over to the police, I now need this pen community to help too.

If this individual should contact you seeking information about me, planned meetings, my attendance at pen events, perleeeeeeeease do not tell him anything as it only fuels whatever need he has. His name is as above but he also uses the ID Beechwood and I expect he has others too.

Someone said to me today 'he's a persistent bugger isn't he?' Indeed he is and he's devious. Thanks for reading this far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Annie; April 22nd, 2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 22nd, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: Graham Lonn

He used to be called 'Arthur' on FPN until he changed it to 'Beechwood' and his name is Graham Lunn (not Lonn).

I've sold pens to him in the past under both handles (same work address).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlc View Post
    He used to be called 'Arthur' on FPN until he changed it to 'Beechwood' and his name is Graham Lunn (not Lonn).

I've sold pens to him in the past under both handles (same work address).
    Thanks for pointing out the spelling error Carl, now corrected. Correct - he was Arthur but changed to Beechwood. That's at least certain. Who knows what else he calls himself.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Perhaps you may have already done this but I am putting it out there just in case. Have you asked him why he is trying to get in touch?

I've seen Beechwood posting on FPN and I never had any sense that the person behind the name was trying to stay out of sight. Of course another possibility is that his login is being hijacked by someone else.

EDIT: just to add that Beechwood has been nothing but kind to me on FPN, even to the extent of offering to donate a book to me.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; April 22nd, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptos View Post
    Perhaps you may have already done this but I am putting it out there just in case. Have you asked him why he is trying to get in touch?

I've seen Beechwood posting on FPN and I never had any sense that the person behind the name was trying to stay out of sight. Of course another possibility is that his login is being hijacked by someone else.

EDIT: just to add that Beechwood has been nothing but kind to me on FPN, even to the extent of offering to donate a book to me.
    Yes, I have asked and have never been told why. It seems that 'getting in touch' is not the motivation just a quest for information.

Thanks

Maybe he is an information junkie? Some people just like to know stuff without any particular agenda, and if it becomes a challenge... Small confession here. Many years ago I had a, shall we say, interesting relationship with a student nurse (nothing inappropriate, we were both late teens, consenting adults and all that). In her penultimate year of training she disappeared. Left nursing school, told nobody (not even me) and apparently vanished. In the proceeding 30 years I have, on and off, attempted to track her down. Mainly because it was a mystery. Each time I have drawn a blank. I may go on looking, intermittently, for the rest of my life. Similarly, someone posted a Mabie Todd receipt in the 'Photos' subforum and I couldn't resist doing some detective work. Harmless I suppose considering the people involved have been dead over half a century.

Who knows what may pique a person's interest in finding stuff out. It doesn't always have to be sinister.

I'm not trying to defend Graham here, simply suggesting that there are other perspectives on human behaviour.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

ugh. how creepy. Sorry that's happening to you Annie. bleah.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to manoeuver For This Useful Post:

Annie (April 22nd, 2015)

Thanks

Maybe he is an information junkie? Some people just like to know stuff without any particular agenda, and if it becomes a challenge... Small confession here. Many years ago I had a, shall we say, interesting relationship with a student nurse (nothing inappropriate, we were both late teens, consenting adults and all that). In her penultimate year of training she disappeared. Left nursing school, told nobody (not even me) and apparently vanished. In the proceeding 30 years I have, on and off, attempted to track her down. Mainly because it was a mystery. Each time I have drawn a blank. I may go on looking, intermittently, for the rest of my life. Similarly, someone posted a Mabie Todd receipt in the 'Photos' subforum and I couldn't resist doing some detective work. Harmless I suppose considering the people involved have been dead over half a century.

Who knows what may pique a person's interest in finding stuff out. It doesn't always have to be sinister.

I'm not trying to defend Graham here, simply suggesting that there are other perspectives on human behaviour.
    Of course and yours is a good one. Let's imagine for a moment that you found your student nurse and she said 'please stop looking for me' or something similar and you ignored her request and carried on. Say, you showed up on line, clearly poking around for info after you have been asked nicely and then told clearly, 'look sweet cheeks, just leave me be...' and then your wife came to you and said 'what's all this about you bothering this woman' and you still carried on....

That's where I am.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (April 22nd, 2015), Jon Szanto (April 22nd, 2015), Scrawler (April 22nd, 2015), tandaina (April 22nd, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: Graham Lunn

Cryptos - with respect if you read Annie's first post the suggestion from the conversation with his wife is that it is behaviour that is not harmless information gathering. Given the fact it has got to the point that Annie felt the need to escalate her concern I would suggest that there has in fact been harm.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carlc For This Useful Post:

Dreck (April 22nd, 2015), elaineb (April 22nd, 2015), Jon Szanto (April 22nd, 2015), Potter (April 23rd, 2015), Scrawler (April 22nd, 2015), View from the Loft (April 23rd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post

Yes, I have asked and have never been told why. It seems that 'getting in touch' is not the motivation just a quest for information.
    With obsessive stalking behavior it should never be the victim who has to "find out why." Period. And the victim contacting the stalker for *any reason,* including to say "stop it" just encourages the behavior. Folks who stalk are often just lovely to *everyone else* other than their victim. His wife's response makes me think this isn't hte first time. :\
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tandaina For This Useful Post:

Annie (April 22nd, 2015), Dreck (April 22nd, 2015), Jon Szanto (April 22nd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Yeah the difference is if you found her and she said "leave me alone this is creepy!" I'm sure you would apologize and never contact her again.
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that what happened, and is happening, is okay at all. The continued poking around is of course objectionable and higly questionable. I do wonder if the truth will ever come out though.

As for myself, it was more a case of not knowing. Of course my occasional internet probings are low level and only look at what is publicly available. That is something to consider in the wider view by the way. Anything put up publicly is public. We cannot really complain if people look at it. Probing further though is an entirely different animal. I've never been there, and would only do so in an emergency.

So, my apologies Annie. I didn't phrase what I was saying very accurately or sympathetically. It does sound as though the inquiries are across the line of acceptable behaviour, and I would not be too happy about that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 22nd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Sorry ann. I had a guy I dated call me constantly wanting to know what I was doing. It's so creepy and abnormal. I hope you the police can help you. It's a horrible feeling knowing someone is breaking your boundaries.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Annie (April 22nd, 2015), Scrawler (April 22nd, 2015)

Thanks

Tell him that you really do like him, but that you are dealing with very bad flatulence, halitosis. And you spend much of your time at the colostomy pouch support group..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TAYLORPUPPY For This Useful Post:

Annie (April 22nd, 2015)

Thanks

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that what happened, and is happening, is okay at all. The continued poking around is of course objectionable and higly questionable. I do wonder if the truth will ever come out though.

As for myself, it was more a case of not knowing. Of course my occasional internet probings are low level and only look at what is publicly available. That is something to consider in the wider view by the way. Anything put up publicly is public. We cannot really complain if people look at it. Probing further though is an entirely different animal. I've never been there, and would only do so in an emergency.

So, my apologies Annie. I didn't phrase what I was saying very accurately or sympathetically. It does sound as though the inquiries are across the line of acceptable behaviour, and I would not be too happy about that.
    No apology needed, honestly.

Thanks

Annie, so sorry that this is happening to you. From his wife's response, it sounds as though you are not the only victim. All that I can suggest is that you follow any advice from the Police, and stay strong. Easier said than done I know, but this will pass.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by View from the Loft View Post
    Annie, so sorry that this is happening to you. From his wife's response, it sounds as though you are not the only victim. All that I can suggest is that you follow any advice from the Police, and stay strong. Easier said than done I know, but this will pass.
    Thank you dear. I think what is most upsetting is that a lot of time can pass with him not appearing on my radar and then wham, for no reason, he's back. It's so frustrating. There's not much that makes me cry but this does. Congratulations on the new job by the way. They are lucky to have you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 787 Posts

EDIT: just to add that Beechwood has been nothing but kind to me on FPN [snip]
    Always good to be circumspect. For my part, I'd say he doesn't like me, and the feeling is presently mutual.
    --
    Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    EDIT: just to add that Beechwood has been nothing but kind to me on FPN [snip]
    Always good to be circumspect. For my part, I'd say he doesn't like me, and the feeling is presently mutual.
    Honestly, I don't much care who likes who. I am only interested in folks here unwittingly passing on info about me to him.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

Dreck (April 26th, 2015)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Annie;127028]
    Quote Originally Posted by View from the Loft View Post
    Thank you dear. I think what is most upsetting is that a lot of time can pass with him not appearing on my radar and then wham, for no reason, he's back. It's so frustrating. There's not much that makes me cry but this does. Congratulations on the new job by the way. They are lucky to have you.
    I feel for you. Just when you are starting to think it might actually really be over, and wham! Another hammer blow to the solar plexus. Hopefully, it will be dealt with appropriately by the authorities.

Thank you for your kind words, I am so relieved, but it got to me when our daughter said it was the first time she had seen me smile for weeks. We try so hard to protect them, but they still know when things aren't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post

Honestly, I don't much care who likes who. I am only interested in folks here unwittingly passing on info about me to him.
    I learnt a long time ago that things are not always as they seem, and thus always try to ensure that I don't pass on information regarding another person. If somebody asks me for A. N. Other's email, my stock response is that I will pass their email address to A. N. Other and let them respond etc.