Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fountain Pens Vintage and Modern by Andreas Lambrou Book

Thanks

Default Fountain Pens Vintage and Modern by Andreas Lambrou Book

For sale is a newely purchased book my Andreas Lambrou titled Fountain Pens Vintage and Modern, i needed the book for a specific small pen brand, and it had little info, so im looking to sell it. Asking $25 plus shipping, i payed over $100 shipped.
    Last edited by brando090; August 13th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks

Price dropped.

Thanks

SOLD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brando090 View Post
    For sale is a newely purchased book my Andreas Lambrou titled Fountain Pens Vintage and Modern, i needed the book for a specific small pen brand, and it had little info, so im looking to sell it. Asking $25 plus shipping, i payed over $100 shipped.
    You're lying.

Fortunately, thanks to the Internet, the entire collecting community (and others) can search for Brandon Cifani and find out how deeply dishonest you are, and thus avoid engaging in any commerce with you on any forums or on eBay (Branny090).

--Daniel

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post
    You're lying.

Fortunately, thanks to the Internet, the entire collecting community (and others) can search for Brandon Cifani and find out how deeply dishonest you are, and thus avoid engaging in any commerce with you on any forums or on eBay (Branny090).

--Daniel
    From what I checked the new book cost around 100 usd and does it really matter that someone wrote "I payed over 100 shipped" if he's not selling it for the same amount? Also if he bought it cheaper you take decision on your free will to buy it or not.
    Last edited by david1600; October 16th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david1600 View Post
    I don't know what you know, but it's serious to blaim someone if you don't have any proofs.
    I have proof, and I doubt Brandon will challenge my accusation anyway as he knows the truth.

From what I checked the new book cost around 100 usd and does it really matter that someone wrote "I payed over 100 shipped" if he's not selling it for the same amount?
    Does it matter if he lied as part of his attempt to sell something? Are you serious?

--Daniel

Banned
    Thanks

I have bought this book and it arrived in near mint condition, I also think that price was fair. Could you maybe tell me what happened that you jumped with such accusations about the book you didn't even bought?
    Last edited by david1600; October 16th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david1600 View Post
    I have bought this book and it arrived in near mint condition, I also think that price was fair. Could you maybe tell me what happened that you jumped with such accusations about the book you didn't even bought?
    Brandon lied about how much he paid for the book in an attempt to make its market value seem much higher than it actually is, and thus to make his price seem more attractive by presenting it as being well below what the book actually sells for.

Brandon has been caught in numerous lies in the course of his brief participation in this hobby (as well as in other areas). This is just another example.

Of course, with this knowledge in hand, you (and anyone else who possesses this information about Brandon's extensive dishonesty) are free to engage in commerce with him. If you don't mind if sellers lie to you, it is no concern of mine. But it is a concern of mine that others who might not know about Brandon's dishonesty could get burned by him, sullying our hobby.

--Daniel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

No. kirchh, YOU have shown yourself to be nearly as bad by attacking him. brando90 has made alot of mistakes, but not everything he says is wrong or a lie. Here's just one of many links showing the price: http://www.valorebooks.com/textbooks...FdKd4AodR1YATg If you just joined this forum to attack this person, you should reconsider your actions. Enough said.
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post
    I have proof, and I doubt Brandon will challenge my accusation anyway as he knows the truth.
    Look, unless you can post something incontrovertible to back up your claim, you are just another voice on the net. All well and good to try to come across as pointing out unethical behavior, but doing it in a libelous manner is hardly any better.

FWIW, I was given this book as a gift last year, and it did cost that much. Whether it was a bargain or not, it was from a honest retailer, and the price paid was what was advertised. It is a well-produced, limited edition book, and not a paperback best-seller.

Shit or get off the pot. I'm not defending Brandon, but I'm not going to take casual slagging of anyone, because it just isn't right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Look, unless you can post something incontrovertible to back up your claim, you are just another voice on the net. All well and good to try to come across as pointing out unethical behavior, but doing it in a libelous manner is hardly any better.

FWIW, I was given this book as a gift last year, and it did cost that much. Whether it was a bargain or not, it was from a honest retailer, and the price paid was what was advertised. It is a well-produced, limited edition book, and not a paperback best-seller.

Shit or get off the pot. I'm not defending Brandon, but I'm not going to take casual slagging of anyone, because it just isn't right.
    +1 thanks for clarifying what I said.
    Will

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    No. kirchh, YOU have shown yourself to be nearly as bad by attacking him. brando90 has made alot of mistakes, but not everything he says is wrong or a lie.
    You have committed a flagrant strawman fallacy. Specifically, you are attacking a claim that I never made -- that "everything he says is wrong or a lie."

Feel free to attack claims I have actually made. Then we can have a fair discussion.

Here's just one of many links showing the price: http://www.valorebooks.com/textbooks...FdKd4AodR1YATg
    Wrong book.

--Daniel

Thanks

I'm done here, but I apologize for accusing you of having the price wrong. Stay away from ridiculing members and enjoy the pens!
    Will

Thanks

Libel is making damaging false statements. My statements are true. Thus, I am pointing out unethical behavior in a non-libelous manner. If Brandon wishes to challenge my assertion, he is free to do so. I suspect he will not.

Completely irrelevant. Surely you're not claiming that the facts you cite relieve Brandon of responsibility for his lie?

It's not casual, and it's not slagging. Brandon has engaged in multiple dishonest statements and behaviors. Even he does not deny this. I will remind you that he claimed to be 21 when trying to get information about purchasing a gun.

--Daniel

Thanks

Prove your statement. I don't take your word for it.

Man, another internet hardass. In other surprising news, the sun rose in the East this morning.

Thanks

I'll say it one more time (no, not to you, Jon ) Stay away from ridiculing members and enjoy the pens!
    Will

Thanks

Prove your statement. I don't take your word for it.
    On August 1st, Brandon bought the book on eBay. For $12.

Man, another internet hardass. In other surprising news, the sun rose in the East this morning.
    How disappointing.

--Daniel

Thanks

REDACTED.

I've decided to follow FountainPenKid's advice, and offer nothing more on this. Besides, I'm trying to figure out if it is the Pelikan 400NN that has a problem, or just the ink (J. Herbin Cafe des Isles) inside of it that is causing balky performance for my wife.

Far more interesting.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; October 17th, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Thanks

I can find nothing in that listing that points to Brandon as the purchaser. I can't find any information about *any* buyer.

Beyond this fact, is there any proof that you have that it was a $12 book that he sold? I have multiple items that were purchased at differing times for different amounts; I'm not saying that is the case here, I am still at a loss as to how you can definitively assert that he purchased said item at said time for a particular price, and then - as you allege - sold it for more after lying about his purchase price.
    eBay has a system called "feedback" where buyers and sellers can enter ratings for their trading partners on a per-transaction business. Each entry in a member's feedback is associated with a specific purchase or sale, and it identifies the other party. Therefore, it is a simple matter to determine the buyer of the book in the listing I supplied by looking at the feedback entry for the transaction.

So, on 8/1, Brandon bought the book for $12. On 8/10, he posts...

For sale is a newely purchased book my Andreas Lambrou titled Fountain Pens Vintage and Modern, i needed the book for a specific small pen brand, and it had little info, so im looking to sell it.
    Therefore, your suggestion that he bought two copies of the same book around the same time, one for $100 and one for $12, is utterly nonsensical. As is the notion that Brandon would take a $75 loss on something he flipped ("always trying to get below retail for future resale").

Oh, and a week before buying the book, he wrote,

i['d] rather spend $80 on a pen tha[n] a book.
    It is quite clear what transpired. Ignore the obvious at your own peril.

--Daniel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Going against my better judgement and trying not to feed the troll, this will be my only participation in this thread.

Not defending brando as he already has a record here, but my nitpicking:

1. This is the classifieds, there is already a thread with all kinds of accusations against brando090, maybe go there and not muck up a classifieds thread with what amounts to trolling.

2. The deal was done back in August. Unless he stole the book, did not deliver the goods or the book was not as advertised, it really does not matter how he got the book or how much he payed for it. This applies to anyone and anything that is sold. If a person was willing to pay what he wanted or they reached an amicable agreement, how does this affect you or anyone on this board but the buyer and seller? It doesn't. I am reminded of Stephen Brown's recent video:

http://youtu.be/A9ZKg3tcTM4
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot