Thread: First time success

Thanks

Default First time success

Just yesterday I completed my first nib swap. I have a pilot metropolitan and recently acquired a plumix with an italic nib (thanks to a very generous PIF from this board). I do lots of writing at work and the metropolitan is a very professional looking pen that fits in nicely. The plumix is a great writer but is a bit whimsical in appearance. So, I swapped out the nib between the two pens yesterday. The feeds are identical except for the color (the plumix is a dark gray where the metro is black). It took a surprising amount of force to remove the nib and feed from the metro. The fit was less tight on the plumix. After a good cleaning and rinse, I replaced the feeds after swapping the nibs. There is a satisfying click when it gets into the correct position.

Today was my first full day of writing with the medium italic nib. My boss immediately noticed my writing today which she has hardly ever commented on before. "I like how your pen writes," she said. There is nice line variation and it's very clean and professional looking. I definitely notice a bit more scratch/tooth/whatever it's called than the stock medium nib which is very smooth. The angle is also less forgiving which is as expected. I think this will help me learn consistency with my pen angle and speed.

Thanks again! This is rather fun...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to necrotic For This Useful Post:

Cob (February 9th, 2015), Jeph (February 10th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Default Re: First time success

"Thanks again! This is rather fun..."

Yes isn't it just? And that's where the addiction begins!!

Cob

Thanks

Default Re: First time success

If you have a magnifying glass, check the tines on the nib to rule out a misalignment.