Thread: Not sure the paper I want exists

Thanks

Default Not sure the paper I want exists

In a perfect world here is what I would want a pad of line paper (fountain pen friendly of coarse) that is 5mm or 6mm line spacing, in A4 or 8.5"x11" size, that is inexpensive.

So I know I wont find that but I'm willing to drop a few of those wants.
    • The 5mm or 6mm thing is fairly important to me though I would be willing to go to 7mm spacing.
    • I would prefer it be in a pad form but I would be willing to accept a notebook style as long as its perforated so I can tear out pages cleanly
    • It has to be ether A4 or 8.5x11 size or something very close. I might also accept a bit larger
    • I would be willing to allow show-through and only write on one side as long as it doesnt bleed through
    • ... and well I'm willing to throw price out the window if I have to as long as it doesnt go sky high.

I'm currently using A4 Rhodia dotPad (no 18) and they are great but I find for letter form writing I cant write on each line of dots so I have to skip one and then that is too much spacing, its also on the pricer side for just random writing that I'm not going to keep. I tried the Tops 20490 v2 I saw someone recommend and while it was ok for my drier writing TWSBI 580 it doesnt work for most of my other pens since I like wetter pens.

I hope someone can be my hero and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
    -Wrathen

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,716 Posts

Default Re: Not sure the paper I want exists

I do hear you can create your own dots/lines on a printer using either Word or an online template. Rhodia comes blank; HP 32-lb laser paper is very heavy and FP-capable.

Of course it won't be in pad form. Test on cheap paper first.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Hole punched or not?

Clairefontaine Triomphe A4 writing pad? Lined. 50 sheets. 90gsm white vellum. No holes

Oxford Campus A4 notebook. 140 pages. Hole punched. 90gsm
    Last edited by migo984; February 13th, 2015 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks

If you can't find what you want, then here is an alternative. First, find blank paper in the size, weight, and inkproofness ( :-P) that you like. Second, find paper that has the line spacing and margin (or lack of margin) that you want. Then copy the lines you like onto the paper you like.

I like ink-proof paper, so that I can write on both sides, in 8.5x11 or A4, with college-ruled lines and no margins (I dislike the wide left margin on most pads). I found a legal pad at OfficeMax with the lines that I like, and my printer has no problems copying those lines onto any paper I feed into it, including the thin Tomoe River. You can also find a wide variety of printable lines here:

http://www.printablepaper.net/category/lined
    In my mug: Sailor 21 P-P M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger T-W M, Jinhao 159 , Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsities, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Ahab 1.1, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M, Hero 616 M, Jinhao X750

31 and counting

DaveBj

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    Hole punched or not?

Clairefontaine Triomphe A4 writing pad? Lined. 50 sheets. 90gsm white vellum. No holes

Oxford Campus A4 notebook. 140 pages. Hole punched. 90gsm
    I have looked at the Triomphe and they are a maybe but are 8mm line spacing which I find a bit larger than I want. I havent heard of the Oxford Campus I'll have to look them up thanks for the possible option.

Thanks

Buy some HP 28 or 32 lb paper. Print the lines you want, then bind your own pads. Watch You Tube and it is quite easy. I thought I could never do it but now create my own pads with 28 lb paper and my pens/inks love it.

Thanks

Default Not sure the paper I want exists

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBj View Post
    Same website, but I prefer the graph ones for variety of line widths. I just print it out and place it underneath the blank paper I am writing on.

Thanks

What a great idea
    "When things fall apart, consider the possibility that life knocked it down on purpose. Not to bully you, or to punish you, but to prompt you to build something that better suits your personality and your purpose. Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together." - Sandra King

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

I believe the Rhodia "R" A4 lined pad would meet all of your requirements.
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum