Thread: Another killer Sheaffer Balance from the LA Pen SHow 2015: Autograph

Thanks

Default Another killer Sheaffer Balance from the LA Pen SHow 2015: Autograph

I'm still sorting pics of some of the best pens I found at the LA Pen Show. Pearce Jarvis sold me a quite scarce, if somewhat esoteric, 1930s Sheaffer Balance. The "Autograph" models, with solid gold clip and with solid gold wide cap-band are well known. Most found were documented in Sheaffer period catalogues. During the late Balance era (1936+, striped Celluloid), Autograph tends to be Black (great pens for Black Pen Society fans, check for membership at Erano's Fountain Pen Journal website). Quite occasionally Autograph though is found in stripes. I shot an OS in brown years ago though I missed buying it. But, at the LA Pen Show, Pearce had a brown striped Autograph in standard size. It is the first striped Autograph I've managed to buy. All striped Autographs (that is, 2-3) I've seen have been brown, save for a military-clip pen in red. This one stays in my personal collection of Sheaffer Balance exotic and high-cachet variants.

regards

David
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

Jeph (February 24th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Default Re: Another killer Sheaffer Balance from the LA Pen SHow 2015: Autograph

If I had that pen I'd keep it in a box and look at it sometimes.
    Nice grab David!

Thanks

Default Re: Another killer Sheaffer Balance from the LA Pen SHow 2015: Autograph

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    If I had that pen I'd keep it in a box and look at it sometimes.
    Nice grab David!
    Thanks. That's sort of what I do with most of the good ones. That and take some pictures

regards

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

manoeuver (February 25th, 2015)

Thanks

Beautiful; enjoy:thumbup:

Thanks

It really is a killer!

Thanks

Oh, that is beautiful.