Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hypocrisy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Default Re: Hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    I love orange inks! They're like a Creamsicle for your pen. I just have to put up with some nib gunk is all.
    I have trouble finding ones that I really like, though. Pilot Iroshizuku Yu Yake is the favorite for now. Most others have tended to seem too dry, too weak, or both. I guess my bottle of Pelikan Edelstein Mandarin will have to be limited to my wettest pens because, while vibrant, it otherwise feels "thin". I wish I had developed an interest in orange before they discontinued Sailor Jentle Apricot. It was only recently that I realized I had a pretty good coverage of usable colors except for a gaping hole in the orange area. I have also been contemplating an amber ink as a usable color that is close to yellow. The trouble with these colors, though, is that I think Lisa is very right to say "but a little goes a long way."
    --
    Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Don't ask me for any more comments. If you want to continue being vulgar, do it elsewhere
    Um, with all respect, no one else wants him to "do it elsewhere." We very much like having him among us. Have -you-contributed to the community in any way except to encourage divisiveness? Your behavior fits the definition of a troll, but I can't figure if it's intentional or not. To give you the benefit of the doubt, here's a start: what's your favorite fountain pen? What do you think of flexy gold nibs? Do you like orange inks?
    I agree with Special K. And I have made the same request that speculation and rumor be moved to private conversations out of courtesy and respect for the parties directly involved. Obviously, this is a forum that permits obscenity. But not everyone has to like it or be called a "troll." Unless, by definition, dissenters are deemed trolls. And for this site, such a definition would indeed be a "hypocrisy," the title of this thread.

my favorite fountain pen currently is my Lamy 2000 Makralon. I have never used a flexy gold nib, so I can't really give an opinion on that. But generally speaking, since my cursive is rough and labored, I don't use flex nibs of any kind. I own a few Noodler's flex nibs, but they have all been replaced at this point.

You?
    I agree, at this point speculation is a bit pointless. Really few people are offended these days with obscenities, it's fairly tame here anyway, and they're easily ignored if it offends. That this forum allows it is more a reflection on the openness rather than a detractor imo. Personally though I prefer to not use obscenities because the open nature of a forum ( age etc.) nor do I use "slang" as the meaning can vary from country to country. On another forum I used a slang term that in Australia had a very different slant to the US take , I can't remember the exact words but was informed in the US the interpretation involved a mouth and a body part....an embarrassing red face moment ....and a quick learning curve !!

Gold flex nibs are good, a big variation of course but best not to overflex them. They (fountain pen nibs) where never really designed for the extreme flex you see some people use, more for a very light handed person. If your after extreme flex the old steel dip pens are the way to go.

Regards
    Hugh

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HughC For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (March 11th, 2015)

Thanks

The blog Pen-Ink-cillin just reviewed Diamine Pumpkin, and shows a couple other orange inks. I think Diamine has 6 or 7 orange-y ones. And I like their inks. Pumpkin looks like my next buy.

Review here:
    http://peninkcillin.blogspot.com/201...nk-review.html

Diamine colors are here:
    http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/listings.aspx?catid=14

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xina For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (March 14th, 2015)