Thread: Future of the FP Geeks Forum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Future of the FP Geeks Forum

Quote Originally Posted by eriquito View Post
    My thinking is in line with that of jfsisler - no one wants to know the truth. Knowing would only cause people to form opinions, make judgements, and take sides. I don't want that. All I've ever wanted is a fun place on-line where we could all happily geek out over fountain pens while waiting to attend the next pen show. I don't believe that's asking too much and I know it can be accomplished.

I currently have no idea what direction the main fpgeeks.com website might go. What I do know is that if it comes back, it will once again be decidedly non-commercial.

As to the forum itself... I'll say this:

The FPGeeks Forum belongs to the community.

FPGeeks, the name, has been plural from the beginning and that was no accident. I have always thought of all of us as being FPGeeks.

It was not my intention to bring down the forum yesterday. It was an oversight and I corrected the grievous error just as soon as I was at a computer keyboard.

I humbly and sincerely apologize.

And now... to the future.

writingrav suggested a sort of board of directors, made up of forum members, that control the board itself. I support and welcome this suggestion - or anything similar that would ensure I never again lose my mind and block access to the forum.

If there is true interest in this idea, please, someone start a new thread and we can all discuss it there - out in the open and with complete transparency.

Some have suggested financial trouble might have played a roll in the FPGeeks time out. It is not financial trouble. At least, not in the way you would think. I believe I have disabled the donation button in the forum. If that is not the case, please do not use the button. I did not put the button there and I'll have to figure out how to remove it.

The only other item I would like address at this time is Tim Hofmann's beautifully disturbing diatribe. It's based on partial knowledge and much ignorance, but I will say this: I know Tim - and he would have been perfectly happy saying all of that to my face. For that, I salute him. Heck, I'd even hug him if I were at the Baltimore Pen Show. He's a good guy.

Thank you all very much for your kind attention.

I have the pleasure to remain,
    yours truly,

Eric Schneider
    Taking Eric's suggestion to start a new thread for interested members to discuss the future of this community.

IMHO, any disagreements between Eric and Dan should be resolved by them and if they do not wish to share their private issues, it is their right. Of course, if they do choose to share once a resolution has been reached, that would be very much appreciated.

If there is no one with enough time to take over the responsibility of the forum is found, perhaps we can have each sub-forum managed by a specific member if there are enough volunteers to take this approach.

However, I for one would prefer for Dan and Eric to work out their differences and for things on the forum to continue as they were. That is my best case scenario.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

akapulko2020 (March 8th, 2015), BikerBabe (March 28th, 2015), checkrail (March 7th, 2015), Cob (March 7th, 2015), Hawk (March 6th, 2015), jde (March 7th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (March 6th, 2015), Morgaine (March 7th, 2015), penultress (March 6th, 2015), raibtoffoletto (March 18th, 2015), reprieve (March 6th, 2015), sgtstretch (March 6th, 2015), tandaina (March 6th, 2015), TerraNoir (March 6th, 2015), View from the Loft (March 7th, 2015), Woody (March 12th, 2015)