Thread: Pelikan m205 clear demo

gillyohan

Default Pelikan m205 clear demo

Review of a Pelikan m205 clear demo.

Appearance, Design, Size:
    This pen is pretty small and light. Interestingly, for me at least, is that the length does not change much from being capped to uncapped. I like this because it stays short while capped, which allows me to put it in even shallow shirt pockets. Yet, it is still long enough to write with unposted. The build quality is okay. Nothing really amazing about the feel. It's comfortable enough to write with, even for longer writing sessions. I would probably like a longer section, but the threads don't bother me too much.

Filling System:
    My first piston fill pen. I have tried out Lamy 2Ks before, and they were always a bit a hard to turn without ink in it. The m205 turned very easily.

Nib:
    The medium steel nib on this pen works okay. It's a bit of a hard starter, but I'm not sure if there is a problem with the nib, if I'm writing at the wrong angle, using the wrong ink for it, or writing on coated or oily paper. I don't think it's the paper, but it may be a combination of the other reasons. Either way, unless I'm writing on some coated paper, it only hard starts at the very beginning of the sentence. The nib is pretty smooth, but I would expect nothing less of a medium nib. I usually use fine and extra fine nibs.

Conclusion:
    I really like this pen. It shows off the ink beautifully. I could see myself adding another Pelikan to my repertoire in the future, maybe even something in the same line.

Some pen shots:

Comparisons with Sailor Sapporo and Esterbrook SJ:

Writing sample comparison:

Thanks

Great review!!!! I love my Pelikan M205

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

The Pelikan M205 clear demonstrator is an elegant looking pen. Very pretty loaded with BadBlueHeron too.
    The pelican bill clip on the cap is always fascinating.

Thanks for sharing your photos of it.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

That ink really does look good in the pen.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

Hello fellow Geeks,
    I am a watch geek getting back in to Pen Collecting ... I like this Pelikn M205 for Everyday Use at Starbucks and iPad Companion ... LOL ... Where would you recommend purchasing this Transparent Version ? and are there any other Value Pens Options ? ... Thanks