Thread: Imperial Brass Imperial set...

Thanks

Default Imperial Brass Imperial set...

IMG_1533.JPG

A less common one especially in pristine condition.

Regards
    Hugh

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HughC For This Useful Post:

Jeph (March 10th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: Imperial Brass Imperial set...

Beautiful, Hugh - is this a new acquisition for you? I'm enjoying the Targa 1005 I just got, 23ct GP and got it for a bargain. Lovely pen, not in the league of the above, though!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Nice. I have an Imperial Brass Targa set but have never seen the Imperial set in the flesh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Beautiful, Hugh - is this a new acquisition for you? I'm enjoying the Targa 1005 I just got, 23ct GP and got it for a bargain. Lovely pen, not in the league of the above, though!
    Newish, August last year. Really Jon these better Imperials are overlooked and don't sell all that well in a lot of cases, this set for about $80 is ridiculously cheap and it's unused to boot. Glad your enjoying your new Targa, a bargain always helps!!

Regards
    Hugh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HughC View Post
    Newish, August last year. Really Jon these better Imperials are overlooked and don't sell all that well in a lot of cases, this set for about $80 is ridiculously cheap and it's unused to boot. Glad your enjoying your new Targa, a bargain always helps!!
    A couple of Imperials were some of my first purchases getting into this, Hugh. From Teri of Peyton Street Pens, and they are still excellent writing pens. I have one Sterling Silver in Barleycorn pattern that is a favorite. BTW: when we speak of "brass" Imperials, is it actually a polished brass finish, or is it GP over brass? I confess confusion.

The Targa appears to have only had the cartridges that came with it used in the pen. Convertor looks to have never been used, the pen, box, and papers are pristine, and it was US $25.00. Yay!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HughC View Post
    A couple of Imperials were some of my first purchases getting into this, Hugh. From Teri of Peyton Street Pens, and they are still excellent writing pens. I have one Sterling Silver in Barleycorn pattern that is a favorite. BTW: when we speak of "brass" Imperials, is it actually a polished brass finish, or is it GP over brass? I confess confusion.

The Targa appears to have only had the cartridges that came with it used in the pen. Convertor looks to have never been used, the pen, box, and papers are pristine, and it was US $25.00. Yay!
    The Imperial Brass sets were polished brass. The Targa set was the pen, a brass case for cartridges and a brass carry case.

The Imperial Brass Triumph was a lacquered brass pen and Reminder BP. Surprisingly, I don't think the Triumph version came with the brass cartridge case but I may be wrong.

The trim and furniture in both cases was gold plated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (March 10th, 2015)

Thanks

As far as I'm aware the Imperial didn't have the brass case. I'm thinking the Targa would also be lacquered to prevent tarnish. I do need to correct an earlier statement about being unused and change to lightly used !!

Regards
    Hugh

Thanks

What I'm wondering is: do any of these pens have an Imperial Brass band?

~ Benjamin Franklin

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

HughC (March 10th, 2015)