Thread: Nemosine Singularity - A Hazardous Material?

Thanks

Default Nemosine Singularity - A Hazardous Material?

So I had the strangest chat with Amazon customer service regarding a Nemosine Singularity I wanted to return. I got the pen today and I just didn't like it. The third party seller's return policy said that it generally would take products back w/ a 15% restock fee. Seemed reasonable enough. Here is where it gets odd. The standard return procedure didn't work and forced me contact customer service. I'm not really upset as this was a rather inexpensive pen. But the chat below, really surprised me. I've only had great customer service from Amazon. And this experience sort of made me wonder if this was the seller's way of hiding in plain sight that an item is a final sale. Anyway, anyone else have this experience?

--

Me: I wanted to return this item. The seller's return policy seemed to indicate it was returnable through the standard Amazon return procedure. But when I tried to use the return button it said this was ineligible
    Chetan: Hello, my name is Chetan. I'll certainly try to help regarding your concern.
    I'm sorry to hear about that.
    I'd like to tell you that seller's return policy is for general purpose. However, there are items categories which are not returnable (such as Beauty items, grocery items, etc).
    Me: ok. I bought a pen.
    Chetan: As I can see that this item has listed as a Hazardous item. It is also mentioned on the product page. Therefore, you were not able to return it.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IEIJ8LC
    Me: oh. hazardous item?
    Chetan: Since you do not want to keep this item, I can contact the seller and let them know that you want to return it. So they can issue a return less refund for you. It means that you'll not to return the item. I'd request you to dispose it off after getting seller's response on it.
    I hope you must have receive a copy of the email I sent to the customer.
    Me: wait.
    i'm still looking for the part on the product page that says this is a hazardous item and therefore nonreturnable
    Chetan: Sure, J.P..
    If you scroll down the page, you'll see the WARNING:
    WARNING:
    CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
    Me: Lol. so the choking hazard is what makes it nonreturnable?
    Chetan: Yes.

--

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J.P. For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (March 11th, 2015), earthdawn (March 11th, 2015), fountainpenkid (March 11th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Default Re: Nemosine Singularity - A Hazardous Material?

No. Way.
    For real?
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Presumably then the "hazardous" item should be sold only to fully licensed persons, authorised to be in possession of such.

What a load of bollocks - this modern age makes me sick.

Cob

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

Dreck (March 11th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (March 11th, 2015)

Thanks

Well, what Cob said.
    Since xfountainpens.com and Nemosine seem to be closely and inextricably linked, I wonder if they'd have taken care of the return for you, regardless of where you bought it. FWIW, when I was struggling with a series of pens bought from their site, their customer service took very good care of me.
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

Thanks

Well that it certainly surprising. I have had to return items to Amazon before with no issue but none were for a pen. It will certainly make me think twice and read everything before buying a pen from there. I think it is BS that they cant accept a return on a pen (wonder if cartridges are non returnable too). To me that should be a warning disclaimer not a hazard warning, grr.

Hopefully you get it resolved, if not maybe list it on the classifieds as you may have better luck. Maybe doing a 'review' on amazon re: returning item if it doesnt go to your satisfaction so someone else may avoid a similar situation.

Thanks

Unless it is an issue of language? The customer service rep probably doesn't speak English fluently.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Yeah I'm wondering if a language barrier is the issue. Though the warning from the seller is nuts. By that logic my phone is choking hazard (hey the part that plugs into the wall is little.....)
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Yeah I'm wondering if a language barrier is the issue. Though the warning from the seller is nuts. By that logic my phone is choking hazard (hey the part that plugs into the wall is little.....)
    With that logic, probably 90% of Amazon's merchandise is non returnable.

Thanks

I'm thinking this was a problem with/misunderstanding by that particular customer service person, and that if you call/chat/whatever back and get someone else you'll probably be able to return it.

Thanks

Well I got an email from the seller who will take the return. I was just annoyed at the hazard issue. I though at first maybe they were using that was a way to keep people from returning merchandise because of the hoops it takes to get a refund.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to J.P. For This Useful Post:

cwent2 (March 12th, 2015)