Thread: A suitcase filled with old German fountain pens: An exiting project! PART 4 of 4

Thanks

Default A suitcase filled with old German fountain pens: An exiting project! PART 4 of 4

Part 4 of 4

Please read part 1, 2 & 3 first!

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....t!-PART-1-of-4

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....t!-PART-2-of-4

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....t!-PART-3-of-4

Continuation of part 3

The polished shiny clip can be mounted together with the cleaned parts of the cap.

Finally the last bit of debris are removed from the cap tread on the barrel.

And then there is the result: A classic vintage beauty. An almost 80 years old ‘new’ fully functional fountain pen.

Filled up with Akkerman Shocking Blue: A surprising writing result, with a flex Fine to triple B line.

One of the rare other models in the lot.

Of the total amount of more than 250 pens that were originally acquired, about 150 could be saved and found their way to happy users all over the world.

Thank you so much for reading. I really enjoyed doing this project and share the information with you.

I want to thank my friend Henri Stiels for helping and advising me with this project.
    I also want to thank members of the Fountain Pen Network and the Fountain Pen Geeks fora
    for their enthusiastic comments on my earlier postings about these pens.
    And I am very thankful to those fountain pen lovers who bought one or more of my pens,
    hence helping me facilitate this wonderful hobby and this restoration project in particular.

Parts of this article were earlier published as a posting on http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/
    using my member name 'Lexaf' on FPN.

This version is completely revised and edited.
    Text & pictures © A.F. van Galen 2015
    Last edited by Lexaf; March 19th, 2015 at 12:08 PM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Lexaf For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

carlc (March 19th, 2015), cwent2 (March 19th, 2015), earthdawn (March 19th, 2015), elaineb (March 19th, 2015), Fountainbel (April 5th, 2015), Frantik (March 20th, 2015), Haefennasiel (March 21st, 2015), Jeph (March 20th, 2015), john (March 29th, 2015), Jon Szanto (March 19th, 2015), Kaputnik (March 19th, 2015), mustud52 (March 19th, 2015), Neo (March 19th, 2015), VertOlive (March 19th, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: A suitcase filled with old German fountain pens: An exiting project! PART 4 of 4

Great work, and thank you for posting

Have a greater appreciation for the pen I purchased.

Carl Wood

Thanks

Default Re: A suitcase filled with old German fountain pens: An exiting project! PART 4 of 4

Thanks for all your postings, I will treasure my pen all the more now

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

What they said: Lex, in addition to allowing some of us a pen that gives a window into the past, your generous documentation of the process adds a deeper layer of knowledge, understanding, and appreciation for both the pens and the process of restoration. This entire journey has been one of the most enjoyable of my five years in pendom. Thank you, from all of us!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

cwent2 (March 19th, 2015), Kaputnik (March 19th, 2015)

Thanks

I appreciate for your great work.