Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: favourite fountain pen related blogs?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Default Re: favourite fountain pen related blogs?

Even if B&M stores still existed, it would do me little good, because I live in the middle of nowhere, a substantial distance to any city. If it were not for modern conveniences like the internet I would not be able to communicate in anyway but by writing letters. From my point of view the blogs are an invaluable service, as are forums like this one, where I can learn from others and pass on the little snippets that I do know. The information I receive from these source makes it possible for me to order ink, pens and papers by mail order, with a higher degree of confidence than I ever could from catalogs.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

pica pica (April 1st, 2015), tandaina (April 1st, 2015)

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I'd like to add three more blog links to the great list that has been amassed in this thread already. While these blogs don't put out content on too regular of a basis, their posts are interesting and generally don't touch on topics that are too well trodden in the fountain pen blog-o-sphere.

http://www.penucopia.com is written by Thomas Hall who you may have heard of in passing on the Pen Addict podcast as "Brad's Enabler".

https://karlotatad.wordpress.com is written by Leigh Reyes' partner.

http://fp-physicist.tumblr.com is a blog that is looking at our hobby from a scientific perspective. Long term ink tests etc.

If you want to read how I address blogger transparency on my blog you can follow this link. http://www.gorgeous.ink/blog/2015/3/...r-transparency

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paul_joynes For This Useful Post:

pica pica (April 1st, 2015), Potter (April 1st, 2015), Scrawler (April 1st, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 329 Posts

This guy seems to like fountain pens:

http://inkluminati.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 00Photo For This Useful Post:

inlovewithjournals (April 8th, 2015), pica pica (April 2nd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Well, I might have to confess that I'm a bit of the odd man out: I don't really read pen blogs that much. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm not all that interested in reviews of pens, especially since most of them are new and I'm not much of a new shopper. I much prefer the more eclectic-oriented sites, and I enjoy a variety of stuff besides just endless pen and ink reviews. On top of everything else, in these standard blogs, I appreciate good writing. A couple mentioned already are regular reads.

I'll list a couple that haven't been mentioned. These two are more regarding the artistic side of things, and they wander further afield from pens/inks/paper to include other art processes. Nonetheless, there is still a lot of pen and ink love here, and what I appreciate is viewing those tools and fuels from an imaginative stance, and you'll find that here. I absolutely love Leigh Reyes' My Life as a Verb, and I'm pretty infatuated with Leigh herself. If nothing else, look for one of the videos of her pen work done to music. Beauty. Another that I've enjoyed from time to time is Drawing with a Squirrel. Funny name, serious talent, but it looks to be in hiatus since last year (i.e. no new posts). Lastly, for a more pen/ink-centric site, RavenMoon is worth the occasional visit.

Have fun, and thanks for all of your links!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Haefennasiel (April 17th, 2015), pica pica (April 2nd, 2015), Scrawler (April 2nd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    <snip> I absolutely love Leigh Reyes' My Life as a Verb, and I'm pretty infatuated with Leigh herself. If nothing else, look for one of the videos of her pen work done to music. Beauty. Another that I've enjoyed from time to time is Drawing with a Squirrel. Funny name, serious talent, but it looks to be in hiatus since last year (i.e. no new posts). Lastly, for a more pen/ink-centric site, RavenMoon is worth the occasional visit.
    Leigh and her works are a recurring topic of conversation in my home. I have enjoyed an occasional exchange with Ravenmoon. Thanks for Drawing with a Squirrel. I enjoy that sort of creativity.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 7th, 2015), pica pica (April 2nd, 2015)

Thanks

I'll be honest, I'm pretty straightforward with my pen blog recommendations. I like blogs that I think everyone at FPGeeks is familiar with, i.e. Gourmet Pens, SBRE Brown, The Pen Habit, Pen Addicts... I'm happy to see what new (to me) interesting blogs there are, though. Thank you for starting this thread!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to minaa For This Useful Post:

pica pica (April 8th, 2015)

Thanks

Thank you minaa and thank you all others who shared their favourites. I'm currently trying to read through some of them and having really great time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pica pica For This Useful Post:

Haefennasiel (April 17th, 2015)

Thanks

I would like to recommend a fountain pen-centric blog from my side of the world (and you can't go wrong with the blog title! ;D )

https://theserialdoodler.wordpress.com/

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haefennasiel For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (April 17th, 2015), pica pica (April 17th, 2015), Scrawler (April 17th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haefennasiel View Post
    I would like to recommend a fountain pen-centric blog from my side of the world (and you can't go wrong with the blog title! ;D )

https://theserialdoodler.wordpress.com/
    Great one! Thank you Haefennasiel!