Thread: Ultrasonic cleaner performance-ISONIC

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Default Ultrasonic cleaner performance-ISONIC

I am posting this because I was asked to. Please no vulgar remarks or personal attacks this time. I bought the ISONIC Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for $49.99. Model D2840. You can Google the specs if you are interested. It came with a small bottle of cleaner.
    I used this at first only with tap water, to clean two demonstrator nibs, one Prera and one Penmanship, both of which had a bit of ink left from the last cleaning, just a small bit. I set the timer on 380 seconds and could immediately see ink being shot out of the nib. By the end of the cycle they were both 100% clean, as far as I could see. I also put in a Lamy feed and dip nib. Both were extremely good when finished. I think one cycle would have been enough for the nibs.
    I then used some of the cleaner and cleaned jewelry. It was quite amazing, the difference of the jewelry before and after. I ran each set of jewelry thru two cycles of 380 seconds. Leaving time between to make sure the machine did not get hot itself.
    Overall I am glad I bought it. It does not have a very big footprint so it will not take a lot of storage space. I looked at one at Harbor Freight, it was just too big and I did not want all those features. I did not think I needed the heat feature, although the water in the ISONIC did get warm, but not at all hot.
    Thank You to all who answered my initial question of what to look for in one of these, especially the tip to not get one with controls on the top. I also looked at a few YouTube videos to learn how to use one.
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sharmon202 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

akapulko2020 (April 17th, 2015), butchhe (March 29th, 2015), Chrissy (March 28th, 2015), Crazyorange (March 29th, 2015), elaineb (March 29th, 2015), Jon Szanto (March 29th, 2015), klpeabody (March 29th, 2015), Neo (March 28th, 2015), Robert (March 28th, 2015), TerraNoir (March 28th, 2015), VertOlive (March 30th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: Ultrasonic cleaner performance-ISONIC

I read your thread and bought the same model off amazon. I love it. I did read in the reviews that unit failed after dumping the water out of it. Some recommended removing the water with a turkey baster. Since it's so small, sucking the water out is easy. It's now a standard part of my cleaning.

Thanks

Thank you, Sandy. I always appreciate a good product recommendation from someone who has paid for that product, and used it successfully. Recently, I have been looking into purchasing an ultrasonic cleaner; your post is very timely.
    Beware of oblique conclusions.

Thanks

I have the D3800A and that works pretty darn well

6. The Following User Says Thank You to caribbean_skye For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (March 30th, 2015)

Thanks

I use this on the kitchen counter beside the sink. When I empty it I tilt it to the side and get almost all the water out then I use a clean paper towel to get most of the rest. I leave the cover open. I do not bother to get it 100% dry because the latent heat dries it the rest of the way in just a few minutes. I wish I had used $50 for this instead of a pen last year. This morning I cleaned two hours worth of pens in less than an hour, including cleaner set up and put away, and a better job than by hand.
    Sandy

Thanks
    Thanked 11,075 Times in 4,023 Posts

Xlnt! And while these are certainly helpful for daily users and such, they TOTALLY rock when it comes to buying an old vintage pen, one that has sat for many years with ink clogging up the feed, nib, section, etc. Giving those a ride is always a very colorful experience, and nothing works better at starting to loosen the grip of time and lack of care that some of them have on them.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

sharmon202 (March 29th, 2015)

Thanks

Why not controls on the top? I have a cleaner that works quite well ... that has controls on the top. What should I be worried about?
    http://katexic.com/clippings/
    Love interesting words? Curious links? Great writing? Subscribe to the free, thrice weekly Katexic Clippings newsletter!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fncll View Post
    Why not controls on the top? I have a cleaner that works quite well ... that has controls on the top. What should I be worried about?
    Some with controls on top also have wiring in the top, so when you open and close the lid the wires over time may fail.
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cwent2 For This Useful Post:

sharmon202 (March 30th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fncll View Post
    Cwent answered for me. That was one of the many pieces of advice I received when I asked for peoples experiences before I bought one. They did not say it was a problem just something to think about, from their previous experience.
    Sandy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

This goes on the "Mother's Day Gift List" I like to publish for my guys next month.....
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine