Thread: FPGeeks Quiz #2: The Difficult One - References and Comments.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default FPGeeks Quiz #2: The Difficult One - References and Comments.

In case you missed it on the blog the second FPGeeks quiz has been posted, you can find it here.
    And just for the heck of it, here's the first quiz.

The references for each question will be listed below. If you have any questions or comments about the quiz or want to share your score please feel free to do so. Thanks for playing!

1. The Fountain Pen Hospital Pen Annual 2009, P.25
    2. The Fountain Pen Hospital Pen Annual 2009, P.66
    3. Fountain Pens by Peter Twydle, P.31
    4. Fountain Pens by Peter Twydle, P.37
    5. Fountain Pens by Peter Twydle, P.41
    6. Fountain Pens by Peter Twydle, P.56
    7. Fountain Pens by Peter Twydle, P.106-107
    8. www.joonpens.com/Tibaldi_history

sokuban

Hmm, I got a 5/8, but 4 of those were guesses. (Not even educated guesses; I guessed A, and A was right.)

I know Mark Twain promoted the Conklin Crescent; that's about it.

But who told you to make it harder; I had enough trouble with the first quiz.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sokuban View Post
    But who told you to make it harder; I had enough trouble with the first quiz.
    There were several who requested that we include some more difficult questions and reduce the amount of time given for the quiz.

Rabbit

yikes, I ran out of time before I could answer the last one. lol I tend to read slowly, and I spent a lot of time during the quiz viewing the correct answer for those that I got wrong. I definitely had to guess on most of those. Lots of European historical questions and I don't know much about that. Fun quiz though!

--Stephen

Thanks

I got 5 out of 8
    Blogs: Via Gravatar

Twitter: FPOkami

Flickr: Flickr

Thanks

Holy Cow! Let me be the first to officially request an easier quiz! =)

Alternatively, perhaps a quiz that starts off super-easy and then gets extremely difficult (?)

My score on this quiz was so shockingly poor that I can't even bring myself to confess the results. But it was fun!

I have much to learn.

How about a "book review" on Fountain Pens by Peter Twydle?

=) Eric
    Son of Ragnar

SProctor

Greetings,

I personally found this second one a lot more challenging and harder to complete than the first. There were a couple that I wasn't positively sure of the answers though I was able to guess them correctly, otherwise I did okay... My story is that the purpose of a quiz is to challenge and inspire people to get out there and check into some of this historical stuff not for everyone to get all of the answers correct each and everytime. Of course, that is only my story...

I am a huge trivia buff and am always learning little tidbits here and there about our hobby. I really enjoy it. One of the neat things about collecting, using and even repairing writing instruments is that there is a vast amount of related information out there... and even if one has been doing it for 40 to 50 years or more, there will always be more stuff still to learn.

I really enjoyed it Dan, Thank You!

Very Best Wishes,
    Stephen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eriquito View Post
    Alternatively, perhaps a quiz that starts off super-easy and then gets extremely difficult (?)
    That's what I tried to do with the first quiz, but I'm not sure it came out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by eriquito View Post
    How about a "book review" on Fountain Pens by Peter Twydle?
    I'll add that to the list of things I need to do...Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by SProctor View Post
    Greetings,

I personally found this second one a lot more challenging and harder to complete than the first. There were a couple that I wasn't positively sure of the answers though I was able to guess them correctly, otherwise I did okay... My story is that the purpose of a quiz is to challenge and inspire people to get out there and check into some of this historical stuff not for everyone to get all of the answers correct each and everytime. Of course, that is only my story...

I am a huge trivia buff and am always learning little tidbits here and there about our hobby. I really enjoy it. One of the neat things about collecting, using and even repairing writing instruments is that there is a vast amount of related information out there... and even if one has been doing it for 40 to 50 years or more, there will always be more stuff still to learn.

I really enjoyed it Dan, Thank You!

Very Best Wishes,
    Stephen
    You're welcome, Stephen. And I agree with everything you said.

AndyH

8 out of 8 on the quiz, but I cheated. Should have been 5 of 8. Well done on the questions though... Andy