Thread: Excellent service from Andy's Pens

Thanks

Default Excellent service from Andy's Pens

Some of you might remember my rusty Rembrandt. I took it back to Andy's Pens, and Andy offered to send it back to Visconti. I followed it up a few weeks ago, and he told me that he had sent it back but hadn't heard from them. He acknowledged that it had slipped his mind. To my pleased surprise, Andy offered to replace it, free of charge, and has done just that. I think that's amazing service. There are few enough pen shops left, and this sort of service needs to be better known.
    Some days, it's hardly worth chewing through the leather straps....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oldstoat For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (April 9th, 2015), da vinci (April 9th, 2015), elaineb (April 9th, 2015), RuiFromUK (April 9th, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: Excellent service from Andy's Pens

I often look at Andy's website, but haven't got around to buying anything from him/them yet. They've got probably the best selection of pens in the UK including some more unusual stuff like Indian ebonite eye droppers

Pricing is perhaps a little too high compared to shops on the continent which has put me off so far, but then that's something that seems to affect the UK as a whole.

Thanks

His prices are a bit higher but he has a real shop, well stocked, in which you can try pens. Like real bookshops, it adds to his and our costs. On the other hand, we can get to choose on the basis of handling the pen, not someone else's review.
    Some days, it's hardly worth chewing through the leather straps....

Thanks

Most of the shops I tend to buy from on mainland europe have physical shops too.
    The UK pricing problem is no doubt set by the distributors who for some reason think the GBP price should equal the Euro pricing.

However, If I lived anywhere near Andy's shop I be a regular customer.