Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (mini) Group Buy: cute email stamp

Thanks
    Thanked 11,075 Times in 4,023 Posts

Default (mini) Group Buy: cute email stamp

So I saw the above on the recent BuzzFeed thing, do want, and agreed to help another person get one as well. Then I thought: mini-group buy! I wrote the maker, and she doesn't have a lot of wiggle room but will sell at about a 10% discount.

I'm offering to buy a batch of these and send them out to you for a total of $20.00, shipping included (CONUS only). Let me know if you are interested, no later than Tuesday, and I'll put in an order. I'll then need to know your mailing address, and once placed I'll confirm that I've made the order and when to expect the item. I'll take PayPal (details later).

You can PM me to let me know, but an email address would be great so I can communicate in that realm, as I'm sending this to a couple of groups.

There you go!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (April 13th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Default Re: (mini) Group Buy: cute email stamp

Want but can't have

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    Want but can't have
    Me too; like Migo I am not CONUS

Cob

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Jon, I can walk you through the international shipping. If she can give you a weight, we can figure out international shipping costs. I have MI experience.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (April 13th, 2015), klpeabody (April 15th, 2015)

Non-participant
    Thanks

Thanks for the info Jon, and thank you very much Laura for the shipping suggestion. While the CONUS thingy rankles us aliens, that's another issue entirely. However, having recently had a rubber stamp made of my own avatar for my snail mail, it is probably cheaper for us Antipodeans to order our own with a similar design from a local supplier. Will keep you posted.

And Cob, when we sort it out, I can bring some back to the U.K. with me, one marked for your attention!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murfie View Post
    Thanks for the info Jon, and thank you very much Laura for the shipping suggestion. While the CONUS thingy rankles us aliens, that's another issue entirely. However, having recently had a rubber stamp made of my own avatar for my snail mail, it is probably cheaper for us Antipodeans to order our own with a similar design from a local supplier. Will keep you posted.

And Cob, when we sort it out, I can bring some back to the U.K. with me, one marked for your attention!
    Murfie! What can I say - except thank you!

Cob

Thanks

About the CONUS issue:

Please understand: I'm doing this on a whim, at a time where I really need one more project like I need 47 holes in my head. It caught my fancy, I had one person talk to me about it, and I thought maybe it would be a nice thing to do, get a teeny break on price, and have a bunch of (semi-local) pen people get one of these pretty easy. I certainly didn't mean it as a snub, but I want to be able to put these all in envelopes and mail them all at one postage rate so that it doesn't tie up a lot of time and resources.

If Laura can help me out, and if I don't get a ton of inquiries for non-CONUS orders, I'd consider it. The bottom line is that with all this effort, I'm only saving people about $2, and over overseas and like that, I figured it would be just as easy and cost virtually the same for you to order directly from the maker. But let me see what Laura has for me in terms of logistics info.

Please don't take offence, as none was intended. It is just an attempt on my part to not get in over my head.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Cob (April 12th, 2015), earthdawn (April 12th, 2015), klpeabody (April 15th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    About the CONUS issue:

Please understand: I'm doing this on a whim, at a time where I really need one more project like I need 47 holes in my head. It caught my fancy, I had one person talk to me about it, and I thought maybe it would be a nice thing to do, get a teeny break on price, and have a bunch of (semi-local) pen people get one of these pretty easy. I certainly didn't mean it as a snub, but I want to be able to put these all in envelopes and mail them all at one postage rate so that it doesn't tie up a lot of time and resources.

If Laura can help me out, and if I don't get a ton of inquiries for non-CONUS orders, I'd consider it. The bottom line is that with all this effort, I'm only saving people about $2, and over overseas and like that, I figured it would be just as easy and cost virtually the same for you to order directly from the maker. But let me see what Laura has for me in terms of logistics info.

Please don't take offence, as none was intended. It is just an attempt on my part to not get in over my head.
    None taken here Jon - it never occurred to me.

Cob

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 12th, 2015)

Non-participant
    Thanks

About the CONUS issue:

None taken, Jon. I was out of order raising the matter in my reply, and I humbly apologise. Unfortunately, my attitude gets colored by many FPG PIF's and For Sales that are restricted to CONUS. Because we exchange more stuff offshore than on, we are fully aware of the extra paperwork involved with filling out customs declarations et al. Thank you very much for offering to facilitate distribution to other members albeit just CONUS. That is very gracious of you. And by doing what you are doing and posting about it, migo and I have been given a great idea. We are in the middle of doing a design for a stamp that reads "It's better by letter!".

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (April 13th, 2015), Jon Szanto (April 12th, 2015), Neo (April 12th, 2015)

Non-participant
    Thanks

We've just ordered some stamps in a 20mm x 20mm square shape that will look like below. The cost was much better than getting them shipped from offshore. Thanks for the great idea, Jon. Anything to keep the benefits of real letters in the forefront. Cheers ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Annie (May 4th, 2015), caribbean_skye (April 13th, 2015), Cob (April 13th, 2015), Jon Szanto (April 13th, 2015), Xina (April 15th, 2015)

Thanks

We've just ordered some stamps in a 20mm x 20mm square shape that will look like below. The cost was much better than getting them shipped from offshore. Thanks for the great idea, Jon. Anything to keep the benefits of real letters in the forefront. Cheers ...
    Capital idea!

~ Benjamin Franklin

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (April 17th, 2015), migo984 (April 13th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cob View Post
    Me too; like Migo I am not CONUS

Cob
    Cob, PM sent

Thanks

If you've ordered from a European source , I'd love the link...
    "Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things
    in the world that just don't add up."
    James Magary

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akapulko2020 View Post
    If you've ordered from a European source , I'd love the link...
    Sorry for the delay - timezone differences. The source is domestic here in Australia. However, what I would suggest is that you copy the image of the stamp above (right mouse click, 'copy image') to your own computer and use it as the source image for your own stamp. In most countries there are numerous web sites offering custom made stamps at very reasonable costs. Our stamps cost us AU$17 (US$10, £7) each plus shipping.

Another approach would be to open a new word processing document in the size of the envelopes that you regularly use. Put the image in an appropriate place on the envelope template, then print it with some of your envelopes loaded in your printer tray.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (April 13th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

So I saw the above on the recent BuzzFeed thing, do want, and agreed to help another person get one as well. Then I thought: mini-group buy! I wrote the maker, and she doesn't have a lot of wiggle room but will sell at about a 10% discount.

I'm offering to buy a batch of these and send them out to you for a total of $20.00, shipping included (CONUS only). Let me know if you are interested, no later than Tuesday, and I'll put in an order. I'll then need to know your mailing address, and once placed I'll confirm that I've made the order and when to expect the item. I'll take PayPal (details later).

You can PM me to let me know, but an email address would be great so I can communicate in that realm, as I'm sending this to a couple of groups.

There you go!
    Yes please, I am interested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    Yes please, I am interested.
    Noted. Drop me a PM with an email contact and details will flow through that data stream. In other news...

BUMP!

I'm making a list about this time tomorrow night to tally up and get the order ready, so if you are on the fence or just saw this, let me know in the next 24 hours (late Tues PST) because I'm going to wrap up the first part of the process by Wednesday morn. Thanks for playing! And now, some entertainment...

~ Benjamin Franklin

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Xina (April 14th, 2015)

Thanks

ROFL!! Where do you come up with these gems??? Do you go looking for a specific video or do they just find you? Much appreciated laugh as I sit and contemplate my last mad dash for the tax deadline tomorrow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xina View Post
    ROFL!! Where do you come up with these gems??? Do you go looking for a specific video or do they just find you? Much appreciated laugh as I sit and contemplate my last mad dash for the tax deadline tomorrow.
    Ha! Well, a lot of it goes to the fact that I've been a musician all my life, so I'm certainly in touch with this stuff. Bear in mind (but don't dwell on it!) that I've just passed 60, so I've been through a few... trends.

In this case, it was a funny coincidence of two things: on the weekend, I worked two nights backing up Deana Martin, who was (is) Dean Martin's daughter, singing all of the big hits of her dad's and others of that era. Real, original "Rat Pack" stuff. Then, yesterday we decided to take in a movie in the middle of the day (rare for us), and when we went to buy the ticket (a small, arthouse chain), I said "Holy shit, "The Wrecking Crew" is playing here!!". My wife was sweet: we watched the first film (which wasn't all that great) and she agreed to walk over to this great Japanese restaurant, we had dinner, and went back for the "Crew" movie. A true double-feature!

Anyway, a clip of "Boots" was in the movie, when I read the thread last night it popped into my head, and there you go. By the way, if anyone is interested in the music of the 60s-70s and how it was actually made (hint: not by the bands), keep an eye out for this small-budget but great documentary:

~ Benjamin Franklin

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

dr.grace (April 15th, 2015), Xina (April 15th, 2015)

Thanks

Jon, thank you so much for the heads up about "The Wrecking Crew". I am definitely keeping my eye out for it.
    Beware of oblique conclusions.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to klpeabody For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 15th, 2015)

Thanks

Thanks for the back story, Jon. For some odd reason, that song has been popping into my head for the last few months, apropos of nothing that I can think of. So when I got to see Nancy singing it, it was quite fun! I'm 67 myself, so I remember the original song, but never had seen the performance. So very late 60s!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Xina For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 15th, 2015)