Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

  1. #21
    Senior Member dr.grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 103 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    That nickname could stick.

  2. #22
    Senior Member pengeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tampa,FL
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 267 Times in 158 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    I appreciate the input moose.
    Ha. Had not seen my id "auto-corrected" before. Normally, I go by "Mike", but I kind of like the "Moose".

    So does this mean that you will get the occasional "fan mail from some flounder?''

    (Those old enough will get it..... )



    John

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to pengeezer For This Useful Post:

    tandaina (April 18th, 2015)

  4. #23
    Senior Member tandaina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,936
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 2,042 Times in 788 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by sumgaikid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    I appreciate the input moose.
    Ha. Had not seen my id "auto-corrected" before. Normally, I go by "Mike", but I kind of like the "Moose".

    So does this mean that you will get the occasional "fan mail from some flounder?''

    (Those old enough will get it..... )



    John
    He's got nothin' up his sleeve!
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 233 Times in 113 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    So, here's the kind of masochistic glutton for punishment I am: I was contacted by the seller who agrees that there is a problem. She agreed to refund my purchase or offered me free shipping on another item.

    Out of curiousity, I browsed her other pens. I found a green striated Sheaffer Balance 350. It seems to be in quite decent shape. Has a bit of brassing on the back of the cap band, but looks to be pretty nice otherwise. All it needs is an exterior polish and possibly some work on the seals on the filler piston.

    It would cost me an extra $5.00, but with free shipping, it's still less than $50.

    This may work out, more or less, after all. I'll keep you posted.

    Mark
    I'm confused. You could have gotten a refund of $39, or $6 worth of shipping, and you chose the $6 credit?

    --Daniel
    P.S. There is no "Balance 350". As explained here, the number stamped on some Sheaffers of the time is price (in cents), not a model designation.
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

  6. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 29 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    I want a pen. What's so confusing about that?

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 233 Times in 113 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    I want a pen. What's so confusing about that?
    Nothing confusing about wanting a pen -- I can relate to that. I'm confused about why you'd choose a $6 credit over a $39 refund. Unless I misunderstand, and the seller is giving you that green striated pen and shipping it at no charge. Is that the situation?

    --Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

  8. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 29 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Nope, found another pen in her inventory that I wanted. I like the loss of this one: eBay item 251924002452

    Probably paying too much for that one too, but eBay is a jungle.

    Mark

  9. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 29 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Looks I like the "looks" of this one.

  10. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 233 Times in 113 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    Nope, found another pen in her inventory that I wanted. I like the loss of this one: eBay item 251924002452

    Probably paying too much for that one too, but eBay is a jungle.

    Mark
    So instead of just getting $6 worth of shipping and having to pay for the second pen, why didn't you choose the $39 refund and simply apply that to the other pen?

    --Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

  11. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 29 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    Nope, found another pen in her inventory that I wanted. I like the loss of this one: eBay item 251924002452

    Probably paying too much for that one too, but eBay is a jungle.

    Mark
    So instead of just getting $6 worth of shipping and having to pay for the second pen, why didn't you choose the $39 refund and simply apply that to the other pen?

    --Daniel
    That's basically the way it worked. I had $39 credit which applies to pen #2 and credit for free shipping. The price for pen #2 was $5 more than pen #1, so I'll pay her that $5. Bottom line is that I bought a pen priced at $44 plus the original shipping paid for pen #1 which now applies to pen #2.

    She's happy. I'm reasonably happy (assuming pen #2 arrives and is as represented), and it's on to the next adventure.

    Mark

  12. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 233 Times in 113 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    Nope, found another pen in her inventory that I wanted. I like the loss of this one: eBay item 251924002452

    Probably paying too much for that one too, but eBay is a jungle.

    Mark
    So instead of just getting $6 worth of shipping and having to pay for the second pen, why didn't you choose the $39 refund and simply apply that to the other pen?

    --Daniel
    That's basically the way it worked. I had $39 credit which applies to pen #2 and credit for free shipping. The price for pen #2 was $5 more than pen #1, so I'll pay her that $5. Bottom line is that I bought a pen priced at $44 plus the original shipping paid for pen #1 which now applies to pen #2.

    She's happy. I'm reasonably happy (assuming pen #2 arrives and is as represented), and it's on to the next adventure.

    Mark
    Ah, so you got your money back and free shipping. You'd said the choice was between a refund and free shipping, so that's why I was confused.

    --Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

  13. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 29 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    Nope, found another pen in her inventory that I wanted. I like the loss of this one: eBay item 251924002452

    Probably paying too much for that one too, but eBay is a jungle.

    Mark
    So instead of just getting $6 worth of shipping and having to pay for the second pen, why didn't you choose the $39 refund and simply apply that to the other pen?

    --Daniel
    That's basically the way it worked. I had $39 credit which applies to pen #2 and credit for free shipping. The price for pen #2 was $5 more than pen #1, so I'll pay her that $5. Bottom line is that I bought a pen priced at $44 plus the original shipping paid for pen #1 which now applies to pen #2.

    She's happy. I'm reasonably happy (assuming pen #2 arrives and is as represented), and it's on to the next adventure.

    Mark
    Ah, so you got your money back and free shipping. You'd said the choice was between a refund and free shipping, so that's why I was confused.

    --Daniel
    Yeah, that was before I found the green and black Sheaffer whatever-it-is that she had for sale. I believe it's a Balance. Not really sure about finer details.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •