Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

Thanks

Default Re: Blundered? Oh yes, blundered badly it seems.

That nickname could stick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9117 View Post
    I appreciate the input moose.
    Ha. Had not seen my id "auto-corrected" before. Normally, I go by "Mike", but I kind of like the "Moose".

So does this mean that you will get the occasional "fan mail from some flounder?''

(Those old enough will get it..... )

John

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pengeezer For This Useful Post:

tandaina (April 18th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sumgaikid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    I appreciate the input moose.
    Ha. Had not seen my id "auto-corrected" before. Normally, I go by "Mike", but I kind of like the "Moose".

So does this mean that you will get the occasional "fan mail from some flounder?''

(Those old enough will get it..... )

John
    He's got nothin' up his sleeve!
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

So, here's the kind of masochistic glutton for punishment I am: I was contacted by the seller who agrees that there is a problem. She agreed to refund my purchase or offered me free shipping on another item.

Out of curiousity, I browsed her other pens. I found a green striated Sheaffer Balance 350. It seems to be in quite decent shape. Has a bit of brassing on the back of the cap band, but looks to be pretty nice otherwise. All it needs is an exterior polish and possibly some work on the seals on the filler piston.

It would cost me an extra $5.00, but with free shipping, it's still less than $50.

This may work out, more or less, after all. I'll keep you posted.

Mark
    I'm confused. You could have gotten a refund of $39, or $6 worth of shipping, and you chose the $6 credit?

--Daniel
    P.S. There is no "Balance 350". As explained here, the number stamped on some Sheaffers of the time is price (in cents), not a model designation.
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

Thanks

I want a pen. What's so confusing about that?

Thanks

I want a pen. What's so confusing about that?
    Nothing confusing about wanting a pen -- I can relate to that. I'm confused about why you'd choose a $6 credit over a $39 refund. Unless I misunderstand, and the seller is giving you that green striated pen and shipping it at no charge. Is that the situation?

--Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”

Thanks

Nope, found another pen in her inventory that I wanted. I like the loss of this one: eBay item 251924002452

Probably paying too much for that one too, but eBay is a jungle.

Mark

Thanks

Looks I like the "looks" of this one.

Thanks

Nope, found another pen in her inventory that I wanted. I like the loss of this one: eBay item 251924002452

Mark
    So instead of just getting $6 worth of shipping and having to pay for the second pen, why didn't you choose the $39 refund and simply apply that to the other pen?

--Daniel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post

Mark
    So instead of just getting $6 worth of shipping and having to pay for the second pen, why didn't you choose the $39 refund and simply apply that to the other pen?

--Daniel
    That's basically the way it worked. I had $39 credit which applies to pen #2 and credit for free shipping. The price for pen #2 was $5 more than pen #1, so I'll pay her that $5. Bottom line is that I bought a pen priced at $44 plus the original shipping paid for pen #1 which now applies to pen #2.

She's happy. I'm reasonably happy (assuming pen #2 arrives and is as represented), and it's on to the next adventure.

Mark

Thanks

Mark

--Daniel
    That's basically the way it worked. I had $39 credit which applies to pen #2 and credit for free shipping. The price for pen #2 was $5 more than pen #1, so I'll pay her that $5. Bottom line is that I bought a pen priced at $44 plus the original shipping paid for pen #1 which now applies to pen #2.

She's happy. I'm reasonably happy (assuming pen #2 arrives and is as represented), and it's on to the next adventure.

Mark
    Ah, so you got your money back and free shipping. You'd said the choice was between a refund and free shipping, so that's why I was confused.

--Daniel

Thanks

Mark

--Daniel

Mark
    Ah, so you got your money back and free shipping. You'd said the choice was between a refund and free shipping, so that's why I was confused.

--Daniel
    Yeah, that was before I found the green and black Sheaffer whatever-it-is that she had for sale. I believe it's a Balance. Not really sure about finer details.